Which Navy C-School for the best pre-pa experience?

Previously my Chief had stated he would only support me going to Preventative Med Tech (PMT), which is basically janitorial and sanitation duties. Not really that appealing, so I told him thanks but no thanks. Anyways, he called this morning and told me he would support my case for a Reserve C-School of my choice to the Battalion.

I'm looking into a few and wanted some thoughts and ideas of which ones would benefit me the most in my goal of becoming a PA. Options that I'm considering are Respiratory Therapist, Rad Tech, and Surgical Tech (probably in that order).

Thanks.

Guest hubbardtim48

I did resp. therp. for many years and think it is very good for PA school. There are 18 RTs in my class alone and several of them I have worked with have gone on to PA school. RTs get to go everywhere in the hospital and get to do a lot of things. It is limited to pulm/cardio, but you will know your heart/lungs and it gets you comfortable in the hospital setting. Good luck!

I agree with Topp. RT (or CPT is what it was called when I was in) is prob your best choice out of those. IDC would be the best prep but u didn't list it. I did ST school and it didn't help me much in PA school except for suturing lab and not being green in OR like my peer Med school and PA-S classmates. Believe it or not, the experience that I drew on most was my civilian MA work and running Sick call days.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk

Archived