2021 CASPA Cycle

Hi All,

My name is Ian and I have completed almost all of my prereqs. The questions I will ask ya'll in this post I imagine are frequently asked, here I go:

What should I have ready before I create my CASPA account (eg how many prereqs can I be missing, letters of recommendation, GRE (although the programs I am most interested in don't require it), essay etc.)? 

After I submit my application, how long does it take for a program to reach out to me? And if I am accepted, when I do I start PA school?

Edited by IanJRob00
adding information

I mean you can probably find this pretty easy with a little effort.. but alright, I have a couple of minutes to type a little response haha

Once you apply you may hear in a day,  weeks,  or months.  I applied in May and haven't heard from some. Most schools will at least send a confirmation that they received your app but other than that it's all over the place.  Depends mainly on the school, you're competitiveness, and also if they have rolling admissions. Also,  PA schools start all over the place.  Some summer,  some spring, some fall which will also change when you may hear from them. 

Before creating CASPA i had my LORs figured out a month before and even had them start to draft them up since you have to request their LOR through CASPA. OH and you normally want to have 2 complete and in CASPA before applying.  This can also be school specific. 

Again, depends on the school with how many pre requisites can be missing. Generally one is okay, some two,  but I think that is usually the max.  Didn't have to worry about this myself so I didn't really pay attention. 

GRE can be taken after CASPA is made and I sent this to schools after I applied... but don't wait long. 

And I feel like most would say you should be drafting your essay now and have it completed and ready beforehand.  

Ask any other questions you have 🙂

Edited by KuchiKopi

46 minutes ago, KuchiKopi said:

I mean you can probably find this pretty easy with a little effort.. but alright, I have a couple of minutes to type a little response haha

Once you apply you may hear in a day,  weeks,  or months.  I applied in May and haven't heard from some. Most schools will at least send a confirmation that they received your app but other than that it's all over the place.  Depends mainly on the school, you're competitiveness, and also if they have rolling admissions. Also,  PA schools start all over the place.  Some summer,  some spring, some fall which will also change when you may hear from them. 

Before creating CASPA i had my LORs figured out a month before and even had them start to draft them up since you have to request their LOR through CASPA. OH and you normally want to have 2 complete and in CASPA before applying.  This can also be school specific. 

Again, depends on the school with how many pre requisites can be missing. Generally one is okay, some two,  but I think that is usually the max.  Didn't have to worry about this myself so I didn't really pay attention. 

GRE can be taken after CASPA is made and I sent this s

Thanks, can you apply to the same program more than once (say you didn't get accepted the first time)? 

I am new to the CASPA experience too.  I am thinking about applying at the very tail end of one school's application cycle (ends March 1). Obviously this is a long shot that I will get into the one school I apply to at the end of the cycle.  I am mostly doing it for practice and experience with the process.  I fully plan to apply again for the 2021-2022 term.  Does CASPA  "close out" everything I have submitted from the first cycle and then I have to start over again with the next cycle?  As in, letters of recommendation?  Do I have to ask for them again for round 2?

I have looked around for this information and I still don't understand it fully.  thanks to anyone who has time to respond.

48 minutes ago, Jennstav said:

I am new to the CASPA experience too.  I am thinking about applying at the very tail end of one school's application cycle (ends March 1). Obviously this is a long shot that I will get into the one school I apply to at the end of the cycle.  I am mostly doing it for practice and experience with the process.  I fully plan to apply again for the 2021-2022 term.  Does CASPA  "close out" everything I have submitted from the first cycle and then I have to start over again with the next cycle?  As in, letters of recommendation?  Do I have to ask for them again for round 2?

I have looked around for this information and I still don't understand it fully.  thanks to anyone who has time to respond.

Alot will transfer over but personal statements and LORs do not. I can't exactly remember what else, but those are the important ones. You could just re-upload the PS but the LORs will need to be requested again. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend to everyone who is applying for the next cycle to sign up for an account now and have a look around, get a feel for the site and how it works. Nobody will see anything until you press submit. That way when the next cycle comes in a few months you'll be ready for the real thing without having to dealing with the learning curve of CASPA if that makes sense.