Will I have a chance?

Hi all

So I just finished undergrad with a 3.2 cum and 3.3 science GPA ( 1 F, 1 D, some Cs and Ws)

my last 60 credits are 3.7+ GPA

i am interested in PA school but I am afraid that my GPA is too low 

I am planning on applying to a masters degree in anatomy to help improve my stats, teach anatomy for a bit while I also get more PCE and HCE and do some post bacc work (take more upper division bio credits)

i currently have 2000+ hours working as a dialysis tech and a phlebotomist 

does this sound like a reasonable plan? 

2 hours ago, kmaymoun said:

Hi all

So I just finished undergrad with a 3.2 cum and 3.3 science GPA ( 1 F, 1 D, some Cs and Ws)

my last 60 credits are 3.7+ GPA

i am interested in PA school but I am afraid that my GPA is too low 

I am planning on applying to a masters degree in anatomy to help improve my stats, teach anatomy for a bit while I also get more PCE and HCE and do some post bacc work (take more upper division bio credits)

i currently have 2000+ hours working as a dialysis tech and a phlebotomist 

does this sound like a reasonable plan? 

If you want to have a master's degree in anatomy then go for it, but I don't think it is necessary in your case. Your gpa is low, but it isn't horrible and is above the cut off for most schools. If I were you, I would just focus on taking upper level science classes at a community college and retake any pre reqs that you got below a B- in. Keep gaining PCE hours and make sure to shadow a PA. If you don't have volunteer hours, I would suggest getting some of those as well. 

• Like 3