UC Berkeley Extension Courses

In my never ending quest to find good, reputable (transferable) online classes, I just stumbled upon UC Berkeley's option. 

Obviously, the school has a great reputation but I haven't heard their online coursework mentioned here. 

They offer Medical Microbiology, Intro to Biochem, Human Anatomy, Physiology, Intro to Biostats, etc. 

Seems like they'll cover most coursework required for many PA programs. 

Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks for any input!

Adam

• 9 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 9:07 AM, PrePAAdam said:

In my never ending quest to find good, reputable (transferable) online classes, I just stumbled upon UC Berkeley's option. 

Obviously, the school has a great reputation but I haven't heard their online coursework mentioned here. 

They offer Medical Microbiology, Intro to Biochem, Human Anatomy, Physiology, Intro to Biostats, etc. 

Seems like they'll cover most coursework required for many PA programs. 

Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks for any input!

Adam

I have the exact same question! let me know if you hear please

I took Immunology, Cell Biology, and Biochem. The first two were self paced and the second was live online (during the pandemic so I was able to take without living in CA).

I personally really enjoyed the classes. The self paced classes were well organized but you do have to be very self motivated. I didn't love biochem but that was just because I didn't enjoy the subject.

Overall I thought it was a great option if you're looking for UPPER division coursework. I took all my general pre-reqs at a community college which was much cheaper. I'd recommend these classes if you're looking for more advanced classes or something that a cheaper local option doesn't offer. If online classes are your only option, I'd still look in a community college first...a lot of them DO offer online options!