malpractice insurance does not cover a hospital I see consults at

1 hour ago, ventana said:

correct, but the 1m/3m is only a few hundred dollars cheaper

1m/3m is the industry standard

Gotcha, I was thinking that was why it was so expensive, but I'd have picked the same one for a few hundred more. 

Was gonna say if you think you're getting sued 6 times this year, you might want to hit the books a little harder in your spare time 😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pac30 said:

Gotcha, I was thinking that was why it was so expensive, but I'd have picked the same one for a few hundred more. 

Was gonna say if you think you're getting sued 6 times this year, you might want to hit the books a little harder in your spare time 😂

You would think but anymore getting sued is just bad luck.  We use to call it getting the short straw in UC.  Frequently you do everything right or at least acceptable and still get named.  It sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

That’s why in a tort reform state with caps on damages, I went with a $200/$600K policy, primarily just to cover legal expenses.  They can’t get my retirement or home so why bother?

One of the few real blessings of TX to be honest.  The homestead act there is rock solid.  Sadly though you are paying for it in property taxes out the nose if you have even a moderately pricey house.  My property taxes north of Ft. Worth were upwards of 10k last year and my house was only valued at $400k.  I have to making $13k just to pay property taxes.  In a word...unsustainable!

20 hours ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

That’s why in a tort reform state with caps on damages, I went with a $200/$600K policy, primarily just to cover legal expenses.  They can’t get my retirement or home so why bother?

this is a a very wise decision

If you assets are protected with state law, this saves $, and gives you your own defense attorney (so hopefully the doc or the institution will not simply "through the PA under the bus" and sign off a s crappy settlement that blames you.)

I choose the higher 1m/3m as in my state it is the standard and required to credential with insurance companies.  Since I amd on the Doc's claims made policy as a rider I wanted full equal coverage so there would never be a problem.  But GetMEOuttaThisMess has an excellent point.