Search for new NCCPA CEO

Just received this:

[TABLE=class: mainPanelReadAreaFormatting, width: 1046]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: mainPanelComposeMailPadding3]Today NCCPA announced that we are in the early stages of organizing a search for a new president/CEO. You may read the announcement online athttp://www.nccpa.net/PDFs/LathropDepartureJuly2012.pdf. I want to tell you and other certified PAs that your certification organization is strong and in very capable hands. Pamela Dean, who has served as NCCPA's chief operating officer since 2008, is serving as acting CEO during this transition period. She is supported by a Board and staff team that cares deeply for the PA profession and believes passionately in the importance of your role in patient care. Our hope and expectation is that this transition should be seamless for you.

We will keep you informed about the search process as it progresses and appreciate your continued support. In the meantime, as always, NCCPA is committed to ensuring that PAs have the credentials that you need, that employers expect, and that patients can trust.

Regards,

Patricia A. Cook, MD, FACP

Chair of the Board

Where is Paul Harvey when you want "the rest of the story"?

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

Janet and the Board met a couple of weeks prior to thhis announcement and decided on this joint decision. what was the reason? Perhaps, like the Bill Lienweber story, only a few will know. Bill made many positive changes at the AAPA and dismissed people who were agitators or unfriendly or just lost their zest for the job. He will go down as one of my favorites as we shared drinks in Washington and I had the opportunity to know him as a man, not as the EVP. hopefully, the NCCPA will find a new ED that has the wisdom to see that all PAs are not happy with the latest agenda and that there are many questions out there that require answers that prove that they are working for us, not against us.

I figured this would get more traffic in this section than News. I am very curious what really happened...

Today NCCPA announced that we are in the early stages of organizing a search for a new president/CEO. You may read the announcement online at http://www.nccpa.net/PDFs/LathropDepartureJuly2012.pdf. I want to tell you and other certified PAs that your certification organization is strong and in very capable hands. Pamela Dean, who has served as NCCPA's chief operating officer since 2008, is serving as acting CEO during this transition period. She is supported by a Board and staff team that cares deeply for the PA profession and believes passionately in the importance of your role in patient care. Our hope and expectation is that this transition should be seamless for you.

We will keep you informed about the search process as it progresses and appreciate your continued support. In the meantime, as always, NCCPA is committed to ensuring that PAs have the credentials that you need, that employers expect, and that patients can trust.

Regards,

Patricia A. Cook, MD, FACP

Chair of the Board

• 4 months later...

I have just joined this forum so am new to how things work. I am not sure this is the best place to get this answer but my calls to NCCPA don't get returned. Today they closed at noon. Must be nice. They aren't open on Friday. Does anyone know if they are really searching for a new ED? I have heard there's someone not very qualified acting as Interim CEO (someone with no executive leadership experience and not a very nice person) and one of the board members of the NCCPA told a friend of mine that they are considering her for the CEO role. Are they nuts? That can't be true can it? I thought they were launching a national search? Why did they give Janet the boot? Or was her decision to leave really mutual like the press release announced? I doubt it. Maybe Janet and Bill Leinwebber should get together and go public with what they know. The leadership of this profession and the decisions they make worry me.

When we enter situations such as this , the rumor mill works overtime.my Dad used to say;"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

I know a few people on the BOD but purposefully did not ask them as I know they will be part of the voting agenda and they will help to make the decision. Like Bill, we may never know if she was tired and wanted a new challenge or if she did get the boot. Either way, it's confusing and the lack of communication is more disturbing than the events themselves.

Bob

When we enter situations such as this , the rumor mill works overtime.my Dad used to say;"Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see."

I know a few people on the BOD but purposefully did not ask them as I know they will be part of the voting agenda and they will help to make the decision. Like Bill, we may never know if she was tired and wanted a new challenge or if she did get the boot. Either way, it's confusing and the lack of communication is more disturbing than the events themselves.

Bob

Your dad gave you very good advice. I like that and I know it to be true. We will see how things go. I don't have much faith though, I have heard the NCCPA board listens to outside sources (like their lawyer) too much and that staff morale has suffered greatly since Janet's departure. They've never been good at communicating so why start now. I will believe none of what I hear though, and wait to see. If you hear anything about the search, please post it, or email me directly at MedicPA174@gmail.com. Happy Thanksgiving.

there was a lot more to the story with Bill. I've always like him and, as Bob mentioned, he was a nice guy whenever I had interactions with him, but there was a whole nother side to that story that isn't known.

As far as Janet, that's too bad. I liked her, and she was always very responsive and helpful to me.

Leadership change is usually good. I am of the mindset that positions like CEO or President, or really any management positions should change every 8-10 years or so. This is what we do at Mayo. Department Chairs, Administrators, CEO's, etc, all rotate out of their assignments after 7-10 years. This keeps fresh ideas present, and doesn't allow for stagnant leadership. Heck, we even rotate on the institutional committees. 5-7 years on one committee, and then time to move on. It's not necessarily a bad thing is my point.

Archived