2nd time applying...all suggestions welcome

This will be my second time applying. I graduated from penn state with a 3.41 GPA. I know some of my grades freshman year were not so hot, but my upper level course grades were much better. My GRE scores were 153 (57%), quantitative 152 (52%) and analytical 3.5 (30%).

Last cycle i got one interview with seton hall but did not get in. I have over 100 hours voluneering at the hospital in multiple areas like the surgical center, ER, and patient floors. To improve my app im planning on getting my emt cert and volunteering with my local emt squad. Im also considering getting trained to be a cna or phlebotomist. I currently dont have any shadowing experience, but im trying to find PAs and im in contact with a few hospitals. Im applying to seton hall again and mostly schools in NY since i dont think ill have enough experience by the october/november deadline of umdnj and lock haven, which are 2 of the top schools i was interested in. Any suggestions to improve my app and chances of getting in this cycle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Administrator

So you're going to be applying in which cycle with the EMT cert you're planning to get? Not this one, I trust...

Apply in June/July. Now is a good time to submit a completed app for this cycle. If you don't even have your EMT certification yet, what really has changed since your last cycle? This is why I recommend applicants *keep* *working* on their applications through the interview season: by the time it's all over and you did not (or did...) get in, the next year's application season is opening.

I agree with Rev. Pre-PA's need to continue to take classes, get experience, or do whatever it is you are lacking while waiting to be accepted. In your case the GPA looks good but you may need more clinical experience. Getting the emt cert will be a step in the right direction.

Archived