Application process

Quick question......I have my bio degree, I have taken the GRE and I am currently working as a Scribe for the last year and a half. I also have volunteer hours. I am enrolled to begin a MA program in February to increase my PCE,I will complete the program in June. MY question is should l skip the next application cycle until I finish the Medical Assistant certification? I don’t want to miss an opportunity.

• 2 weeks later...

Do not wait! I applied to 19 programs with approximately 1500-2000 hours of scribing experience (no other hard PCE) and got 15 interviews. Shoot your shot. You may lose $1000 if you apply and don't get in, but weigh that against a $90,000 year of salary if you could have gotten in but didn't because you waited. I didn't list any certifications. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, byf8thpber said:

I was verified on June 29th. I was pretty late and it was my only regret. Apply as early as you can.

How late did you apply to be verified by 6/29? I want to apply early but also don't want to rush my application. Also would share rough estimate of what it cost to apply to that many programs? (can PM me) I want to apply to 12-14

•  

2 hours ago, Cnatopac said:

How late did you apply to be verified by 6/29? I want to apply early but also don't want to rush my application. Also would share rough estimate of what it cost to apply to that many programs? (can PM me) I want to apply to 12-14

•  

It took me about two weeks to be verified I think. What held my application process up was I did professional transcript entry and then had to add my planned classes. 

Im not sure about cost but a couple hundred, no more than 500, but totally worth the cost in my opinion. Even if it cost 5000, its worth it to not have to reapply next year and miss a year of salary as a PA. 

Just now, byf8thpber said:

It took me about two weeks to be verified I think. What held my application process up was I did professional transcript entry and then had to add my planned classes. 

Im not sure about cost but a couple hundred, no more than 500, but totally worth the cost in my opinion. Even if it cost 5000, its worth it to not have to reapply next year and miss a year of salary as a PA. 

This is sort of my thought, but I'm thinking of the emotional stress of re-applying, the sheer time (missed salary, yes!), and the cost of reapplying. I want to avoid all of these things! I'm hoping to spend less than $2500 including supplementals. CASPA alone will be ~$1000