Offered interview at school that rejected me

I just got an email a few days ago that I was going to get a interview at a school that flat out rejected me because alot of people turned them down because of covid restrictions. I am really excited because this is my last chance to get in this cycle but also nervous because I don't know how many people are interviewing for what I assume is a single spot. 

I got 6 days notice for the interview and if I get accepted I will start school in 17 day.

What a time

To be alive

Stay cool and relaxed; don't go overboard would be my advice.

They are in a bind (they want one more seat of tuition) and so are you  (you want to go to PA school.) Just be yourself and perform under pressure. This is going to work out for the best either way. Don't let your mind get cluttered with thoughts of flipping burgers for the rest of your life or whatever. Whatever happens, let them see the real you (but on a good day!)

Best wishes!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, UGoLong said:

Stay cool and relaxed; don't go overboard would be my advice.

They are in a bind (they want one more seat of tuition) and so are you  (you want to go to PA school.) Just be yourself and perform under pressure. This is going to work out for the best either way. Don't let your mind get cluttered with thoughts of flipping burgers for the rest of your life or whatever. Whatever happens, let them see the real you (but on a good day!)

Best wishes!

There is a group discussion so I am assuming I am not the only one they are considering but maybe it will be a little less competitive because some of the best applicants have already gotten in other schools and its super short notice so maybe some people won't see the email or respond. Then again it may be harder if there's a bunch of people competing for one spot.

I'm not sure how easy or hard it's gonna be to get an acceptance call but I guess all I can do is my best.

My guess is they are not going to interview a ton of people for this since there really isn't time. Also some of the wait-listed applicants may have made other plans they can't or don't want to change at the last minute.

This certainly isn't a sure thing but I would expect that the odds are better being interviewed now than having been interviewed months ago.

Let us know how it went!

Edited by UGoLong
  • Upvote 1

Wow, what an amazing opportunity, good luck! Be prepared for your interview by knowing your strengths, weaknesses, why you want to be a PA, why you want to attend that program, and have examples of your successes and how you overcame obstacles. Dont memorize these things but begin to reflect upon them in your head after making a rough outline. Please come back and let us know how it went. 

• Upvote 1

Update: my interview ended at noon today and I feel as though it went fairly well. One interviewer did mention that my essay had grammar mistakes though and I had no idea what she was talking about because I ran my essay through gramercy. She said that there were capitalization errors and I apologized explained that I spent alot of time on it and ran it through gramarly. Even after looking at it again I can't find the errors she was talking about. I don't know if this was an effort to screw with me? I also feel as though my odds of getting in are dwindling as it is now 4 and they told us they would inform us who got in by end of day.