Keep in mind that CASPA will transfer over most inputted information except letters of recommendations (and maybe personal statement?), each year. Personally, I filled out CASPA a couple months before what is considered to be an "early" date to submit and I felt just fine about everything, so to each their own.

One thing I would suggest doing ahead of time is manually inputting all prerequisites required unless you'll choose to pay and have that done for you (that was one of the first things I did carefully and had no issues and paid no extra money). 

Nothing impeded me personally by doing it only a couple months in advance---just make sure to keep your future recommenders in mind or let them know that you'll be needing a letter from them, preferably somewhere in writing where they can respond "yes or no" and you can provide them with that proof when time comes to ask for it. That was probably the biggest pain, if you ask me. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FromMic2Meds
      Hey everyone, I am putting together my application for the upcoming cycle. I am at the part where I am inputting my transcript and can't figure out how to classify some courses taken as part of my Health Sciences major which kind of 'umbrellas' subjects under health care.
      The course in question is: Marketing in Healthcare. 
      My dilemma is classifying this under either:
      Health Science Marketing Health Science Administration Please help 🙃
    • By neverknowsbest
      Hello, this is my first time posting on this website and am hoping to get some help. I just made a profile on the CASPA website recently. When I went to look for these two programs I am interested in I could not find them. Do programs not show up until certain times during the year? Thank you in advance. 
    • By tenaya14
      Hi all, new here! Thanks in advance for the help! 
      I'm under the impression that you aren't supposed to include experience that you received academic credit for in the experience section. If that is the case, why is there a "received academic credit" option to select for experiences?
      From my previous healthcare degree, I did a number of internships and a residency program that I received academic credit for but on my transcript, it just says "internship hours" or "practicum hours" and provides no detail about the experience.
      Can I list the details of the experiences (as they were electives and unique to me rather than my academic program) and check the "received academic credit" box?
      For example, I elected to do an internship in a hospital in China and an integrative medicine residency program at a US hospital, I was credited "hours" from my graduate program, but there is no mention of the experiences on the transcripts. If I don't list them under experience, neither will be visible on my application. Do I just talk about them in my personal statement? What would you do in this situation?
      In general, I feel like I could use some guidance navigating CASPA with my unusual background (I have a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) and am lacking access to an advisor . Any recommended resources? 
      THANK YOU!!
    • By MGracier
      CASPA failed to process my application before the deadline of October 1. They apparently had an issue processing the COVID—19 Transcript Delay Form. I checked in both through phone and email, and still, they failed to verify prior to the deadline. I submitted all material July. 
      has anyone else had this issue? 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More