My name is Kou-Lai and I am actually an undergraduate student who has an interest in becoming a Physician Assistant. I am doing a project for one of my class and I have to interview a professional about their community. More specifically, we are focused on how different communities use different languages and writings to communicate to each other. I will be using your answers as part of my project (in the form of a presentation), but will remain anonymous.
Please help me and Answer as freely as you would like. I really appreciate it!
1. Do Physician Assistants communicate with other Physician Assistants, or people of other profession, often? How often do you communicate with other people during your day (even on your days off)?
2. In what ways are you communicating with other professionals? Writing? etc? Are there specific ways you address, speak, or write to other professionals?
3. What about non-professionals? If you meet students often, what differences do you see when speaking/writing to them compared to professionals?
4. When talking to patients/people outside the community, how do you do so? Do you use a different way of speaking to them?
5. What types of writing do PA professionals do on the job? Is everything (that is written) to be communicated? Or are they for any other purposes?
6. Are there special documents, forms, or papers that are unique to a professional in the PA field? How do they relate to the PA community? What are some details that are usually included on the documents?
7. What is the most important type of document that a student should know/be able to produce? What special language or writing should a student use if they are interested in the PA career.
8. What is the best way a student can approach this community? How can they start learning how to speak or write in this profession?
9. Do you do research as part of the job? Do you do research outside the job? Is research part of the job?
10. Can you share samples of the documents you’ve told me about today? If not do you know of links, or websites, or other resources that would provide me with samples?
I am a second semester PA student who was accepted with a low GPA directly out of undergrad. I am holding Zoom Advising sessions where I can help you figure out how you can improve your application and answer any questions you may have about the application process including personal statement review. The cost of each session is $10. Please send me a PM if you are interested! Thank you, and Good luck!
My name is Kim and I am a demonstrated pre-PA coach and a current PA-S with a high success rate of client admission. I am currently available to take on new clients. I offer services including the following: personal statement editing/feedback, supplemental essay editing/feedback, interviewing prep/coaching, mock interviews, general pre-PA application advising sessions and pre-PA planning for the future. During the 2019-2020 cycle, I was invited to 7 interviews but only chose to attend 4 as I was accepted to my top choice by the 4th interview. I was accepted to ALL programs that I decided to interview with. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about my services. I also offer these services to other pre-health students as well.
Greetings future PAs,
My name is Elizabeth and this is my second year applying to MEDEX with my first interview. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I'm unsure on how the Zoom interview will go and I want to reach out to anyone else that feels the same way. Id love to get to know a few of you prior to the Zoom interview to feel a bit more comfortable. I look forward to meeting you all on 11/14, and hopefully one day in the classroom.