To old for Reserves but have heard of "retirement waiver" to allow service

So, feeling like life has passed by me

seriously looking at reserves

have heard of the "retirement waiver" to let you in when you are to old to get 20 by 65

anyone have any info on this??

Also what rank would someone be with 20 years education and training and 4 years prior service AD enlisted?  Looking like O-4 maybe?

Honestly this is just an unfulfilled calling I have, just gotta jump and do it - might only last 4-6 years but at least I will have lived my dream.....

On 12/11/2020 at 5:23 PM, ventana said:

So, feeling like life has passed by me

seriously looking at reserves

have heard of the "retirement waiver" to let you in when you are to old to get 20 by 65

anyone have any info on this??

Also what rank would someone be with 20 years education and training and 4 years prior service AD enlisted?  Looking like O-4 maybe?

Honestly this is just an unfulfilled calling I have, just gotta jump and do it - might only last 4-6 years but at least I will have lived my dream.....

I don’t have much info on waivers but if you are needed I know it can be extensive. Honestly, anything is waiverable if they really need your skills. However, I do not think PA is included in “critical wartime specialty”. When I was in officer school, there was a 60 year old GS, which is a critical specialty, who got a waiver and came in as an O5. I don’t remember the calculation for civilian practice time to convert into time in service. I believe is 7 civilian equals 2 in service. The 4 year enlisted time I don’t think matters since it won’t count for “time in rank”. So O4 would be right, maybe O3 on the short list to promotion.