Reapplicant - is it unwise to use much of your previous year's PS for this year?

Hi all,

I'm really stuck on not wanting to completely scrap my last year's PS. The thing is, my original personal statement states all the influences and reasons/drive/motivation to become a PA. I mean, that innate drive shouldn't change in a year, right? So does that mean I should rewrite this part of my PS?

Thanks in advance! :)

I used some of my previous PS when I reapplied but I mostly used the things I had done to improve myself as an applicant. When I was turned down the 1st time the program sent my a letter explaining their reasoning and outlined the things I could improve on to make myself more competative. I took the advice and improved the areas suggested and used these actions as my PS the 2nd time around. Must have done something right, 2 weeks from graduation. Good luck in your journey.

Thanks for this, Craigk. It helps a lot - I'll focus more on what I've improved on in the past year. I did contact many of the schools I'd applied to last year and most said they couldn't disclose any specific information/reopen my file to let me know how my application was reviewed. Those same schools said they would send me a letter stating general reasons why I may not have gotten in. I wish I knew more specifically what they thought was the weakest parts of my application, but I also have a pretty good idea of what might have been lacking...

Congrats on graduating soon, btw! :)

Archived