F on transcript and accepted to PA school

Hi,

I never submit or post things on this forum but I felt I needed to because of my experience with PA applications. I remember applying back in May with a W, 2 C's, and an F on my transcript and reading this forum and thinking I don't have a chance at getting in ANYWHERE. Most people said it would be more advantageous to go get a masters first and then I'd have better chances. I remember submitting all my money and thinking it was a waste of time. However, I am pleased to say not only did i get into my top school but also got 4 interviews and 4 acceptances. I wanted to post this with the intention of re-assuring students that it is more than just academics and focus on what your strengths are. Show how that hardship made you re-evaluate yourself and set you up for success. Don't listen to the nonsense of people saying you won't get in. I am so happy and I hope this post reassures anyone who is worried of being a failure. Stay safe and everything will work out 🙂

Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 1294397 said:

Hi,

I never submit or post things on this forum but I felt I needed to because of my experience with PA applications. I remember applying back in May with a W, 2 C's, and an F on my transcript and reading this forum and thinking I don't have a chance at getting in ANYWHERE. Most people said it would be more advantageous to go get a masters first and then I'd have better chances. I remember submitting all my money and thinking it was a waste of time. However, I am pleased to say not only did i get into my top school but also got 4 interviews and 4 acceptances. I wanted to post this with the intention of re-assuring students that it is more than just academics and focus on what your strengths are. Show how that hardship made you re-evaluate yourself and set you up for success. Don't listen to the nonsense of people saying you won't get in. I am so happy and I hope this post reassures anyone who is worried of being a failure. Stay safe and everything will work out 🙂

Good luck. 

congratulations that must be truly gratifying; may I ask what your overall stats were?

Thanks so much for posting this!!!  I was about to ask.... COVID 2020 summer got me big time with a C and an F in my only 2 classes.  Retaking both this spring, but the initial grades will obviously stay on my transcript/GPA. 

Hearing your experience definitely takes a bit of the edge off.  Would be interested to hear your overall stats as well!

On 12/11/2020 at 1:47 PM, empgh said:

Thanks so much for posting this!!!  I was about to ask.... COVID 2020 summer got me big time with a C and an F in my only 2 classes.  Retaking both this spring, but the initial grades will obviously stay on my transcript/GPA. 

Hearing your experience definitely takes a bit of the edge off.  Would be interested to hear your overall stats as well!

Hi,

Sure, I'd rather not share the schools but my CASPA stats came out as:

-Cum GPA: 3.47

-Science GPA: 3.27

-Overall non-science GPA: 3.81

I struggled my sophomore/junior year and then came back with all A's my senior year. Hope this helps!

Never got an failed a class but I thought with my low GPA (I had similar stats 3.6 overall 3.3 science) I would not be a top contender. Because of this I had planned for the possibility of multiple cycles and cast a wide net. But so far I have had 5 interviews and 2 acceptances. I don't know if anyone checks this forum after applying but my second acceptance happened yesterday and I submitted my application for the school in August with interviews starting in September so don't lose hope. It is possible and everything happens for a reason. 

• Like 1