Hello! I am hoping to get some advice. I have been a PA for 8 years with a background in internal medicine and surgery. I would like to transition into a non-clinical role like medical science liaison. I love what I do and will likely always work in a clinical area at least part time but would love to explore other career options. I am wondering for a role like this if it would be more beneficial to get my MBA or Doctorate degree? I have applied and gotten into programs in both and am having the hard time making the choice. Any input would be appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 11:28 AM, Corpsman2PA said:

How is the search going Surgery PA? I’m in this boat as well. Trying to decide MBA or doctorate. I’d like to be marketable outside of medicine while maintaining my clinical side. Tough call! 

If you want to keep doors open outside of medicine, I would probably lean toward the MBA. People understand that degree fairly universally. The growing alphabet soup of doctoral degrees may be confusing to some. I've seen people very high up in healthcare organizations with "only" an MBA.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...