DOANE ONLINE- Anatomy Class and Physiology Class in one semester?

I am finishing up an 8 week session of Medical Terminology and Biochemistry with Doane online this week.  I will start another 8 week session in January that will consist of BIOX 355 (Human anatomy) and BIOX 356 (Human Physiology).  Has anyone taken these 2 classes at the same time (not to be confused with A&P I or II)?  I'm wondering if it will be much more difficult than the current 8 week session with Biochem.  The professors are Eggert and McMillin for the next 2 classes.  I'm hoping I'm not the only one crazy enough to do both full classes in 8 weeks.  Tell me it's doable!

• 1 month later...

I haven’t taken both at once but I did just take A&P 1 with Eggert. I would say it’s definitely doable if you have some time each day, I only took one but I also have a job and 2 kids under three so I mainly did work at night for an hour or 2 each night and had one night off per week and got an A. So if you have 2-4 hours per day you should be good. Also one day is a quiz which is timed for 30 min so you can get ahead on those days for the next week.

Did you have ochem prior to taking the biochem class? Just wondering if it’s doable to take doane biochem without ochem (it’s been over 10 years and I don’t remember anything ha)

This is so helpful, thank you! I did take organic chemistry 1 but that was in 2004! So it had been a really long time since I’ve taken any upper level chemistry. I will say the first week was difficult. For every definition I had to look up three or four other words just to understand the definition. I did get an A in the class and I spent at least 20 hours to 30 hours a week on the material until I got in the groove of studying again.  Having said that,  I don’t think there’s too much organic in it for you.  For example they do discuss cis and Trans bonds but you don’t have to draw any compounds or anything... you just have to know how they change melting temps.  Best of luck with your classes and Thank you for your comment! 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 7:50 PM, MACSID said:

I am finishing up an 8 week session of Medical Terminology and Biochemistry with Doane online this week.  I will start another 8 week session in January that will consist of BIOX 355 (Human anatomy) and BIOX 356 (Human Physiology).  Has anyone taken these 2 classes at the same time (not to be confused with A&P I or II)?  I'm wondering if it will be much more difficult than the current 8 week session with Biochem.  The professors are Eggert and McMillin for the next 2 classes.  I'm hoping I'm not the only one crazy enough to do both full classes in 8 weeks.  Tell me it's doable!

How was Biochem?  I've heard it's a ton of work.  Were the exams timed?  I'm debating about taking it through Doane or Portage. Thanks!

51 minutes ago, JuliaC said:

How was Biochem?  I've heard it's a ton of work.  Were the exams timed?  I'm debating about taking it through Doane or Portage. Thanks!

Biochem was a ton of information in 8 weeks.  I like immersing in the material though.  I got through it with 2 kids and a busy schedule.  I spent lots of weekends and nights working in addition to when the kids were at school.  The final exam was timed, and I used every minute of the 3 hrs.  Doane is switching to proctored finals effective this term, FYI.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Question? I am looking to take the Online Anatomy and Physiology through Doane. I live in Germany and I am not allowed to receive animal based contents through the mail. German customs will stop it. So, receiving a LAB Kit with animal based contents for dissection is out of my reach in Germany. Does Doane online Anatomy and Physiology classes require a Lab Kit with those animal based contents, such as hearts or animals for dissection. The enrollment department told I do NOT need a Lab Kit. But, I want to hear from students.  Thank you.

Edited by Correa04