Contacting admissions committee

I just wanted some opinions. I would really like to contact a school that I have applied to and just ask them if they have any seats left or how many are left. I interviewed on the first day for this particular school and still have not heard back while I have seen many others get in. They said that they might continue sending acceptances into December but with alot of people already getting in I would just really like to know how many seats are left and where they are in the process. I do not want to come across as impatient and I do not want to be annoying. 

If I could offer my honest opinion, I think questions like that will most likely come off as impatient/annoying. I don't have experience with emailing adcoms this question so I'm not sure what the chances of even receiving an answer are, but I find it way more cordial, if you will, to look through these forums, Facebook groups, or even ask specific members on here if they've heard of the number of seats left from their most recent interview slots.

If you find that you MUST email them due to a time crunch etc., I would suggest finding a better way to word it (further express your interest, state any pending decisions while their's is your top, etc) and make sure that program hasn't stated somewhere NOT to inquire about the process--it'll probably negatively stick with them should you do that. If they stated acceptances will continue until December, they'll probably repeat that as a response. 

• Upvote 1

Don't expect an adcom to give you detailed information about their process, like how many seats they have left. Telling them that you're still interested and getting an idea as to when you might hear so you can make your personal plans is OK I would guess, but it's a question you can only ask once.

Good luck! BTW, my best friend in PA school got picked from the waiting list 2 days before school started and he drove night and day to get there in time. Miracles happen.

I have been mostly on the wait and see bandwagon with the schools I have applied to but one of my top choices is in the process of interviewing and I wasn't chosen for the first round. I'm in a bit of a time crunch because I committed to my safety school which starts in January. My plan was just to contact them and reiterate my volunteer experience (there was a confusion with one of the school since I stated it was volunteer but put it under HCE to make me look better). should I still do it? or just let things happen. Should I mention that I have been accepted to another school but this is my first choice. 

I personally see nothing wrong with calling them and telling them that they are your first choice but you have been accepted elsewhere and have to make a final decision by such-and-such a date (assuming your story is on the up and up.) They may come through or they may not but, either way, you've been accepted somewhere.

Good luck!