COVID and the Waitlist

I wouldn’t anticipate this. I imagine that if people were hesitant about attending due to COVID, they probably wouldn’t have applied this year and would have instead just taken a gap year. It’s so much work to throw your hat in the ring, I can’t foresee people giving up spots after going through all the trouble of applying. 

With that being said, be hopeful. Keep your fingers crossed and be prepared to reapply if it comes down to it. That’s all you can do. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hmtpnw said:

I wouldn’t anticipate this. I imagine that if people were hesitant about attending due to COVID, they probably wouldn’t have applied this year and would have instead just taken a gap year. It’s so much work to throw your hat in the ring, I can’t foresee people giving up spots after going through all the trouble of applying. 

With that being said, be hopeful. Keep your fingers crossed and be prepared to reapply if it comes down to it. That’s all you can do. 

I agree. I would imagine people would hold the line and see what happens, if not go forth and apply since the GRE was waived in many instances. 

• 2 weeks later...

Many applicants who are accepted this cycle might wind up starting virtual, my program did.  We had a May start and they sent out letters informing people that 1st semester would be virtual and those who are moving would not have to move until closer to 2nd semester.  Only one class second semester was in person (granted it was a 9 hr class). 

I hate to say this, however I would not expect movement from COVID.  I would still expect movement overall as early acceptances still may have other schools in play.

Keep the faith...