If you are in first tier of Covid Immunization, will you take it as soon as it is made available or are you considering waitin for a few month's?

On 1/6/2021 at 11:22 AM, surgblumm said:

Now, having had COVID-19 and surviving, I am eager to get my vaccination in the next month when they call my age group. My doctor said that I can take it thirty days post illness and that my present status does not provide me immunity from re-infection. Too many people are to eager to decide on limited information that having been infected means that you can do indoor dining and forget about social distance because you possess immunity. Some people have antibodies and others don not therefore I am protecting the public and my family by being a good citizen and following the rules.

I had COVID 19 in October and have been dealing with the after effects ever since then.  I had donated convalescent plasma twice at my local blood bank to help to have a larger data set to be able to see if plasma can be an effective treatment.  After those two donations, the blood bank told me I couldn't donate that particular product anymore, as their testing showed that I didn't have any antibodies for COVID.  I got an email from my job last Thursday saying that company employees were now able to get the vaccine at the local hospital.  I know the recommendation is to wait at least 90 days.  I did the math and realized that this past Saturday was 90 days from my diagnosis, so that's when I got the vaccine.  The timing worked out really well for me.  Now that I've had COVID and had the first vaccine dose, I'm still planning to be the person who shows up at a store wearing a mask and face shield because you never know and because I want to be a good example.

I felt terrible from Saturday afternoon until Sunday evening, with headache, body ache, sore arm, and chills.  I figure I can attribute the sore arm to the vaccine, but I'm not sure if the other symptoms are from the vaccine or from the post-COVID symptoms that don't seem to let up.  It wasn't that much different than I have felt a lot of days over the past couple of months.

Edited by Photograph51
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ill be first in line. I put a lot worse experimental things in my body in the 70"s. This is why I can't run for president.

After hours I volunteer in my local community to include the local volunteer Fire and Rescue Service. Two weeks ago the Fire Chief forwarded me a letter from the Iowa Department of Health about the pe

I'm going to let all y'all test it out before I give it a try.  Someone has to take care of you when you all get MS/autism/Guillain-Barre.   😜

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Cideous said:

Damn!  Hopefully the shot helped with your immune response?  We still don't really know that it "prevents" infection, but 95% that it prevents severe infection/symptoms?

Who really knows to be sure.. I know day 1 was miserable.. yesterday was OK but I'm feeling kinda crummy again this morning.

I'd say I'm through the worst of it.. Whether that's because of my first dose vaccine or my immune system (I don't ever tend to stay sick for long) is probably a question that will never be able to be answered..

I am curious if they're going to want me to take the second dose of the vaccine?  I'm guessing there's next to zero data on people who got covid after the first shot..

On 1/11/2021 at 7:40 AM, FiremedicMike said:

Who really knows to be sure.. I know day 1 was miserable.. yesterday was OK but I'm feeling kinda crummy again this morning.

I'd say I'm through the worst of it.. Whether that's because of my first dose vaccine or my immune system (I don't ever tend to stay sick for long) is probably a question that will never be able to be answered..

I am curious if they're going to want me to take the second dose of the vaccine?  I'm guessing there's next to zero data on people who got covid after the first shot..

How are you doing?

9 hours ago, Cideous said:

How are you doing?

Stir crazy..  even though my wife is home with me (she popped 2 days after me) we’re still both struggling with the isolation..

I still have this sporadic smokers cough, which really isn’t that bad other than it sounds.. well like I’m a smoker, lol.

Yesterday I was pretty exhausted for no reason, spent most of the day just vegging.. I asked some of my friends who have had it and they had similar experiences, where they feel fine then have an off day..

Thanks for checking!

Was just notified by my county health department that they don't have enough in stock to give us a second dose. Hopefully that changes by next week when I'm due. 

This year is really killing my motivation to continue practicing

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Pac30 said:

Was just notified by my county health department that they don't have enough in stock to give us a second dose. Hopefully that changes by next week when I'm due. 

well, that just sux. I guess it's pretty regional. I have 4 EM jobs and am on a state rescue team and they all offered me the vaccine. My #2 is next week as well. 

• Like 1

The HHS director straight up LIED about having the reserve doses just a few days ago...then came out today and said it was a "paper launch" and they have none.  I swear to gawd this is the worst administration in the history of this country.

• Like 2

I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine on Sunday and it did me over. The first shot 3 weeks ago wasn’t an issue. Just moderate arm soreness for 3 days and had some fatigue for 3 hours that night. The 2nd one was a different story and several MDs that I work with had to take the following day off but several other MDs and PAs I work with just had a sore arm! Lucky! 11-12 hours after, I got body aches and chills then overnight this progressed to a fever of 100.8, more aches, nausea, significant fatigue, headache, and feeling faint. I called in sick and was in bed all day. Took 2 g Tylenol that day. Temp went down to 99.0 the following morning but the mild headache lingered for 2 more days (naproxen minimally helped.) The only thing still lingering now is the fatigue, which is about 75-80-% better. I have never had this reaction to a vaccine. Let’s hope it was truly worth it and truly 95% effective...and ideally will last a while because I suspect subsequent boosters will produce similar side effects! I suggest having a light day or a day off after the 2nd. I read these stats on a news article for the Pfizer vaccine: “Nearly one-third of people 18 to 55 had a fever, 35 percent experienced chills, 52 percent had a headache, 22 percent had joint pain, 37 percent had muscle pain, and nearly two thirds experienced fatigue.”

7 hours ago, Chica724 said:

I got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine on Sunday and it did me over. The first shot 3 weeks ago wasn’t an issue. Just moderate arm soreness for 3 days and had some fatigue for 3 hours that night. The 2nd one was a different story and several MDs that I work with had to take the following day off but several other MDs and PAs I work with just had a sore arm! Lucky! 11-12 hours after, I got body aches and chills then overnight this progressed to a fever of 100.8, more aches, nausea, significant fatigue, headache, and feeling faint. I called in sick and was in bed all day. Took 2 g Tylenol that day. Temp went down to 99.0 the following morning but the mild headache lingered for 2 more days (naproxen minimally helped.) The only thing still lingering now is the fatigue, which is about 75-80-% better. I have never had this reaction to a vaccine. Let’s hope it was truly worth it and truly 95% effective...and ideally will last a while because I suspect subsequent boosters will produce similar side effects! I suggest having a light day or a day off after the 2nd. I read these stats on a news article for the Pfizer vaccine: “Nearly one-third of people 18 to 55 had a fever, 35 percent experienced chills, 52 percent had a headache, 22 percent had joint pain, 37 percent had muscle pain, and nearly two thirds experienced fatigue.”

This was exactly me on my second shot.  It really kicked my ass.  Very much felt like I had the flu the next day.

Second Pfizer. Arm pain the morning after, nothing crazy. Then yesterday afternoon (24 hours post vaccine) my ipsilateral armpit starting hurting like a bruise, and sure as shit I have a huge tender lymph node in there! I’m actually really excited. It’s super interesting.

I received my first dose (Pfizer) and had a sore arm + mild headache, but I get headaches frequently so that may not be entirely attributable to the vaccine. As others have mentioned, a lot of the providers I know have had fatigue, myalgia, headache, and/or fever after the second dose. I’m planning to receive my second dose on a Friday with the following weekend off.  Overall, I’d take a couple crummy days if it prevents severe COVID symptoms.  I just hope the supply is still available when I am due for my second dose. 

My second Pfizer shot was also terrible. I felt like I was hit by a truck! I finally took some Tylenol after I saw my fever was at 101.3 and climbing. The weirdest thing is I had the most severe, blinding headache. Most of my coworkers had mild symptoms, not sure why I was so affected.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:26 PM, EMEDPA said:

Got Pfizer #2 5.5 hrs ago. So far zero sx, not even a sore arm. Working a 24 tomorrow. 

I felt nothing on the 2nd shot until about 10 hours later...then it felt like I was the skinny short guy in federal prison....

On 1/18/2021 at 7:26 PM, EMEDPA said:

Got Pfizer #2 5.5 hrs ago. So far zero sx, not even a sore arm. Working a 24 tomorrow. 

Now almost 36 hrs out. Minimally sore arm only. Working a 24 and doing fine. 

• Upvote 2

I am at a remote site and we are going to offer the Moderna vaccine soon. I did a quick show of hands at the morning safety meeting asking who wanted it and got 3 out of 29 people. There are a lot of people here who think it has "dead baby cells" or the whole COVID thing is a government conspiracy or it will cause Bell's Palsy (really...can't make this up.)

We may end up not offering it because we can't assemble 10 people at the same time who want to get it.

On 1/15/2021 at 8:31 PM, Pac30 said:

Update, in stock, scheduled for next week. Big relief! 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, sas5814 said:

I am at a remote site and we are going to offer the Moderna vaccine soon. I did a quick show of hands at the morning safety meeting asking who wanted it and got 3 out of 29 people. There are a lot of people here who think it has "dead baby cells" or the whole COVID thing is a government conspiracy or it will cause Bell's Palsy (really...can't make this up.)

We may end up not offering it because we can't assemble 10 people at the same time who want to get it.

Science has a term of description for what happens to people like this:  Natural Selection

• Like 2

I got mine three weeks ago, and no.superpowers.at.all.  No xray vision, no laser beams.  I haven't tried flying yet, but I have no reason to think that will suddenly work.  I did notice that I watched Les Miserables over the weekend and now I can't get the music out of my head.  Is that a side effect?  Maybe that should've have been listed on the sheet they gave me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just wanted to check in to see how many of you have finally reached the other side. A few days after dose 1 I had some tinnitus that turned into sounds of bill gates' voice in my ear. It went away. Then 2 days after dose 2 I felt something traveling up my carotid towards my brain. Then wouldn't ya know it, Mr. Gates himself speaking to me through the nanochip. Amazing. Blessed he chose me to be the truth-teller. A little bit of pain as the device entered the amygdala but after that it was all good. I know can hear colors and see sounds. Feel great 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, Lucy199 said:

Just wanted to check in to see how many of you have finally reached the other side. A few days after dose 1 I had some tinnitus that turned into sounds of bill gates' voice in my ear. It went away. Then 2 days after dose 2 I felt something traveling up my carotid towards my brain. Then wouldn't ya know it, Mr. Gates himself speaking to me through the nanochip. Amazing. Blessed he chose me to be the truth-teller. A little bit of pain as the device entered the amygdala but after that it was all good. I know can hear colors and see sounds. Feel great 

OMG, PERFECT! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

url.jpg.5909cf43fe3725122487be41b72617e6.jpg

Edited by Cideous