If you are in first tier of Covid Immunization, will you take it as soon as it is made available or are you considering waitin for a few month's?

10 hours ago, Reality Check 2 said:

I am honestly concerned about an allergic reaction for the first time in my life.

We will get Moderna most likely at work. Maybe next two weeks. 

I am super allergic to the weirdest things and get random hives still. No anaphylaxis to date. 

Will definitely want to be monitored afterwards.

I believe in vaccines - just a tad concerned at this time. 

take some benadryl before

hang out for 30 min after

My son-in-law came home from a 24 hour business trip and a few days developed some lethargy  and muscle weakness and aches. He went for a Covid test and was positive. He, my daughter and two grandchildren will be in quarantine. We live two floors beneath them after a move to a condo five months ago. We are quarantining ourselves and I will go to the VA for a test on Monday or Tuesday. My daughter spoke with a CDC physician who said if they are negative on Dec 26, they can break the quarantine. How does that sound to you practicing PAs?

52 minutes ago, surgblumm said:

My son-in-law came home from a 24 hour business trip and a few days developed some lethargy  and muscle weakness and aches. He went for a Covid test and was positive. He, my daughter and two grandchildren will be in quarantine. We live two floors beneath them after a move to a condo five months ago. We are quarantining ourselves and I will go to the VA for a test on Monday or Tuesday. My daughter spoke with a CDC physician who said if they are negative on Dec 26, they can break the quarantine. How does that sound to you practicing PAs?

Business trip..........sigh.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, surgblumm said:

My understanding is he can come out of quarantine on day 10 if his symptoms are improving and he is fever free for 24 hours.  However, his family is considered to be be having repeated exposures if they remain in same household and should continue to quarantine for 10 more days after his quarantine ends. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, surgblumm said:

8 days post exposure with out symptoms is what I am going by

might add a few days just to be sure depending on age, comorbidities and such

Waiting to get approval to get the vaccine.  It'll come once they're done vaccinating administration and the non-clinical staff (and parading them on social media).  Front liners (ED, ICU) have not been prioritized in my health system.

Sadly, I'm not joking.

There's a lot of really, really pissed off people.

2 hours ago, dmdpac said:

Waiting to get approval to get the vaccine.  It'll come once they're done vaccinating administration and the non-clinical staff (and parading them on social media).  Front liners (ED, ICU) have not been prioritized in my health system.

Sadly, I'm not joking.

There's a lot of really, really pissed off people.

Whoa. 

My group got passed over initially as our cost center is only like 10 people. We let management know that we'd no longer be performing any invasive procedures on patients and that they could feel free to call the hospitalists or OBs who got prioritized over us to tube and line them up.

They fixed it real fast.

• Upvote 1

Finally got my 1st shot yesterday, was fine all day then like a bomb my arm became really sore.  More so than td which is usually pretty bad.  Had a hard time sleeping and felt achy most of the night and this morning, took my temp was fine at 98 but I still felt like crap.  Today I am a little less sore and the aches have decreased about 40%.  I did take some IBU as well.  All a small price to pay if the Vac ends up working.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ANESMCR said:

My first Pfizer dose hit me like a truck. Whole next day felt like blowing chunks on my patients, headache/achy, right into bed when I got home and didn’t move for 10 hours. Older colleague had it at the same time, didn’t even have a sore arm the next day.

Just that badass immune system partner. You've got like...the MOST anti-spike antibodies.

Edit: Or food poisoning. It could definitely be food poisoning.

Edited by MediMike
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

After hours I volunteer in my local community to include the local volunteer Fire and Rescue Service. Two weeks ago the Fire Chief forwarded me a letter from the Iowa Department of Health about the pecking order of who would get the vaccine first. Buried in the letter was a sentence about the possibility of establishing satellite vaccination sites around Iowa if the site had a designated medical director who would assume responsibility and be accountable for receiving the Vaccine. I applied and was approved. Monday afternoon I received a phone call from the County Health nurse and asked how many firefighters and first responders I were eligible. I said 30. She said I could pick up the Moderna Vaccine tomorrow after one o'clock. I said damn, I need to do some medical stuff and get organized. I sent out a blanket text to everyone about the vaccine and who was interested. All replied they wanted the vaccine. I went to the county health nurses office and she handed me the vaccine in a cooler along with all the supplies and paperwork. She said I was the only one that had applied to be a satellite vaccination site inn the county and we were the first to get the vaccine. All other departments would have to make appointments and come to the county health nurse office for theirs. .

I recruited 3 retired nurses to help me with the vaccinations. I did the paperwork and they drew up the vaccines and administered them. We were done and out of the Fire Station in a hour and a half last night. No one had any adverse reactions post vaccination. I group texted everyone this morning and everyone said they felt fine with the exception of a sore arm, myself included.

I know there has been some bantering about whether to get the vaccine or not. I just thought I would share my experience with the vaccination.

Overall I would say it was a success and the first step in the right direction of getting back to normal.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

I had some mild arm soreness that started a few hours after getting the first Pfizer dose.  About 24 hours later I got one of those headaches that is mild in terms of pain but just ached all over my head/neck.  It got a bit worse throughout the day, but luckily responded to some tylenol/ibuprofen, and then I also didn't sleep well that night.  I was a-okay the following morning.

Then again...maybe the headache is because I was at work and it always gives me a headache. 🙃

On 12/25/2020 at 9:59 AM, TDIowa said:

After hours I volunteer in my local community to include the local volunteer Fire and Rescue Service. Two weeks ago the Fire Chief forwarded me a letter from the Iowa Department of Health about the pecking order of who would get the vaccine first. Buried in the letter was a sentence about the possibility of establishing satellite vaccination sites around Iowa if the site had a designated medical director who would assume responsibility and be accountable for receiving the Vaccine. I applied and was approved. Monday afternoon I received a phone call from the County Health nurse and asked how many firefighters and first responders I were eligible. I said 30. She said I could pick up the Moderna Vaccine tomorrow after one o'clock. I said damn, I need to do some medical stuff and get organized. I sent out a blanket text to everyone about the vaccine and who was interested. All replied they wanted the vaccine. I went to the county health nurses office and she handed me the vaccine in a cooler along with all the supplies and paperwork. She said I was the only one that had applied to be a satellite vaccination site inn the county and we were the first to get the vaccine. All other departments would have to make appointments and come to the county health nurse office for theirs. .

I recruited 3 retired nurses to help me with the vaccinations. I did the paperwork and they drew up the vaccines and administered them. We were done and out of the Fire Station in a hour and a half last night. No one had any adverse reactions post vaccination. I group texted everyone this morning and everyone said they felt fine with the exception of a sore arm, myself included.

I know there has been some bantering about whether to get the vaccine or not. I just thought I would share my experience with the vaccination.

Overall I would say it was a success and the first step in the right direction of getting back to normal.

Strong work. Way to represent!!!