Taking online Prereq classes at Doane/UNE

Hi! 

I was seeing if anyone has taken classes at either UNE online or Doane's University, specifically Orgo Chem I and II and biochem. I've heard mixed reviews about both. How are the classes set up and how are we graded and are they set lectures? Does anyone know how it's different during COVID? Do PA schools accepts these classes from these schools? 

Thanks!! 

Hi! I took biochem this summer at UNE. You have to be ready to really understand the material and teach it to yourself. I didn’t use the book once, I listened to a lot of lectures on YouTube and ended up getting an A. Before taking it, I double checked with Yale admissions and they did in fact accept credits from UNE (I’m almost certain most schools do) 

good luck!

3 hours ago, mbear917 said:

Hi! I took biochem this summer at UNE. You have to be ready to really understand the material and teach it to yourself. I didn’t use the book once, I listened to a lot of lectures on YouTube and ended up getting an A. Before taking it, I double checked with Yale admissions and they did in fact accept credits from UNE (I’m almost certain most schools do) 

good luck!

Hi thank you for replying! I have a few questions if you don't mind answering! How were the classes structured? Was there mostly worksheets or like exams? 

53 minutes ago, JessT said:

Hi,

I took the 2nd semester of Ochem online at UNE. I highly recommend it. It was much easier for me than in person lectures at my local university. I was retaking it because I didn’t do well the first time around. If I remember correctly, I rented my textbook on Chegg. 

Thank you for replying!! What do you think made it easier to take than in person classes? Was a more of teach yourself than being taught? and How were the classes and material/exams? Thank you!!