Pediatrics CAQ Exam

I am registering for the CAQ exam next year and would love feedback from those of you who have been through the process.

1. What study materials did you guys use? I'm looking at Med Study (but I've heard the books are very dense) and the Pediatric Board Review books by Asish Goyal. I'm wondering which is best...there is also AAP Prep?

2. How long did you guys study for? 

Thanks. I appreciate any feedback!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By cmpetschke
      I am a PA with 8 years experience in pediatrics (outpatient). I've been toying a little with the idea of going for the CAQ and was wondering if anyone who had gone through the process would be willing to share their experience?  My husband is the primary breadwinner in our family and as such I'm sort of at the mercy of his career in terms of where we live, how often we move around, etc.  I was thinking having the CAQ would be helpful when moving to a new state, trying to get a new job etc. 
      My biggest question is in regards to the procedures/patient case requirement. Because I work in an outpatient clinic, we rarely perform procedures such IV medication administration, LPs and we certainly never perform central lines or intubate.  Does this exclude me? How does this work- would I need to get experience in these areas before I can be considered for this qualification?
      Thanks. Any insight is much appreciated.
    • By PedPA
      I am looking at relocating. What do you think is a fair hourly rate (no benefits) for an experienced pediatric physician assistant in California? 
    • By karebear12892
      Current PA student here. Does anyone know of new emergency medicine residencies/fellowships for PA's that are starting in the next ~2 years? Preferably in the Southeast? Thanks! 
    • By NCEMPA
      I'm considering taking the CAQ for Emergency Medicine. I've heard some places will give you a pay increase for obtaining the certificate. I'd like to pitch this idea to my powers that be, but I'd love to hear how other facilities approach it. Do you get a set amount more? A percentage? Just a pat on the back? Thanks in advance!
    • By Adavis120
      I am registered to take the psych caq in September. I was just wondering if anyone who has taken the psych caq had any suggestions on what to study and/or what you studied to best prepare for the exam? Also, what did you find the most difficult about the psych caq? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More