When to take science courses?

Hi everyone! I am a senior in college right now, planning to apply this upcoming cycle. I need to re-take Gen Chem I and take Microbiology for PA school, as I did not do great in Gen Chem I the first time around and my school does not offer Microbiology. I do not want to completely overwhelm myself my last semester, so I am planning on taking both of those courses at a community college during the Maymester time (May-June 2021). Is this considered "too late" for my application, and if I wait to submit my application until I get these grades in, will I be at a disadvantage? I know I need to submit my CASPA application as soon as possible, but I also want these grades to be factored in, as I anticipate to do well in them. I would appreciate some guidance to know if I should cram it in my schedule for Spring 2021, or wait and focus solely on those 2 courses for a Maymester.

I've seen some folks advocate for holding off on application until after the classes were taken care of, and some say you can apply with an outstanding class. However, in the latter instance, these applications were done with only ONE outstanding class, not 2+.  

That said, I would probably wait until both classes are taken care of, perhaps see if microbiology is offered online elsewhere in case you want to do both at the same time. 

• Like 1