Job Offer + Reimbursements

Hello!
As part of a job offer, my employer will be reimbursing for "state licensing fees, DEA registration, Board of Pharmacy license, membership for any required medical associations, Medical Staff membership dues and the initial credentialing application fee." 

What would an "initial credentialing application fee" be? 

When I think of credentials, I think of anything to do with the NCCPA. Well, the only costs I have had with the NCCPA were taking the PANCE and some practice exams. I did receive my job offer before the PANCE. 

My question is, should I submit my receipt for the cost of the PANCE? I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly what they mean.

Thanks in advance!

Most hospitals charge a credentialing fee.  In my experience it was usually $100-200.  Don't submit your PANCE fees.  The others are fair game and could be substantial.  State licensing fees vary but are often at least $200.  DEA is $753 for 3 years.  You can easily spend $1,500 just to get your first paycheck.  Right out of school it's very good to have your employer reimbursing these things when you haven't been working and are possibly trying to move to a new area, etc.

• Upvote 1