question about chem lab!

Hey everyone! I hope you are well well, I had a question about taking chem lecture and chem lab together. I currently haven't been able to get my lecture and lab together and probably won't be able to do the labs until the summer time. I am looking to apply to most of the nyc/northeast programs and wanted to know if its ok to take the labs separate?

I think programs prefer that they’re taken concurrently; it might depend on the program. I took organic chem 1 one semester and then the lab the following semester because I didn’t realize I needed the lab portion, and it seemed to be fine.

As long as you meet both the lecture and Lab requirements for the programs you are applying too you should be fine. Some programs also allow so many classes/credits to be "Pending" ( or still currently enrolled in) during the application and interview process. You just have to make sure that all pre-requisites are satisfied  prior to starting. Best of luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Emmaisajar
      Hello! I have been taking an online 16wk self-paced biology course (w/lab). I started the course in October and plan to finish in January. I have been accepted to 2 PA programs (one which does not require this additional biology class and the other which does) and am waiting to hear back from 2 other programs that I interviewed at. Long story short, the class has not been going super well and while I have learned the information, the grades are not reflecting my knowledge and understanding and I don't want to send along a crappy grade if I don't need to... 
      So, my question is: I know I will have to submit this grade to the school that requires the course (should I choose to attend this program) but since the other schools do not require this course, can I choose to not send this grade/transcript along to them? Or do schools require every single transcript to be sent to them? 
      I sincerely appreciate the help and feedback!
    • By prepagirl2020
      I know that schools normally want you to take labs for prereqs in person. Has anyone heard from schools about labs being online due to covid and if those can satisfy the prereq requirement for classes requiring labs? Ex would be chemistry 1 lab or microbio lab. Not sure I'll have the option to take those labs in person, so I'm trying to see if the online version from my local university will work.
    • By throwaway8095
      Im curious about the difficulty of the course and wether or not the exams/finals are open note/internet. and if so, is it easy to find solutions online to the questions along with good explanations.
    • By kgsurf
      Hey all, 
      I live on the west coast, specifically California. I have been looking into Doane University or UC Berkley to take classes and retake some prerequisites. I was wondering if any one from California has taken classes or anyone else has taken these classes and applied to pa schools in CA? Were those classes accepted? 
      I have reached out to schools and they just say they accept classes from "regionally accredited schools" which I know Doane is, but is there a issue since these classes are online? 
      I know it can be best to take classes in person, however I work a full time job where I am not able to attend local community classes since they are during my work hours. 
      Any help will be appreciated! 
      Cheers! 
    • By Sam161
      Does anyone have any experience taking an online ochem 2 class in Doane university. Wondering how the class itself is structured and how the exams and assignments are administered given that it is not proctored. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More