Waiver

For those of you that put the you decline your right to waiver for your LOR did you get into school? Two of my three recommendations I put I decline the waiver because it states it was a legal procedure. Now I am worried that this will put red flags up for my application. I do not know what was written about me and in CASPA it says "Please note that even if you do not waive your right, you can NOT view your references via CASPA." So I would have to ask the school for copies or those that wrote it, which could still be done by waiving your right. Very frustrated now.

• Administrator

No, you won't get into school. You have the option to not waive your right to review; schools have the option to not let you in. You must have something to hide if you aren't going to allow a private conversation between an LOR-writer and your adcoms to remain private, right?

The time to have asked this question was BEFORE you decided to not waive your right.

Someone on here before said they didn't waive their right because their significant other is a law student and said you never give up your rights, and I believe she also said she was accepted. I can't remember the exact posting though. I don't think it will guarantee you won't get in, but it will put you in a position where your LOR don't hold nearly as much weight as if you had waived. Since you already did this and can't undo it, you could always apply to non-CASPA programs and essentially start the process over. I assume they get less applicants too because it's not as easy as just checking a box and paying $45 to apply.

Archived