The number of jobs on Indeed specifying just NP's with no mention of PA's are now 2:1 and growing...

It doesn't matter who has "better training" at this point..what matters are legislative victories of which we are getting our asses kicked.  Gawd, for so many smart people, it's like I'm talking to a profession of special needs providers.    WE ARE LOSING FOLKS!!!!...

Wake up PA's!  NP's are kicking our asses legislatively, and according to the people that hire us, that's all that matters.  Good god....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

hi Ventana can a PA DO THE NP_BRIDGE program without a BSN OR A nursing degree?  ONE need to be a nurse first to become NP right? Is there such a program from pa to NP only?

The DNP I saw wasn't  wearing any name tag, or coat, he had scrubs only. And yes I know it may be illegal in some states, but I not in all and  I don't think you can can beat an introduction : I am Dr... vs. I am PA... if  we don't change our name  the NP are going to take all our jobs slowly but surely  and we will be basically agonizing until there is none for us, if there is no change  the profession will die in the next 10 yrs or less,. I feel sorry for the new PAs, especially the cost of their education it is not worth the effort in our current job market. How do you pay +100k debt without a constant job. I also see the word NP prefer in many jobs listing and this is all because the DNP and their independednt status.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Rose66 said:

hi Ventana can a PA DO THE NP_BRIDGE program without a BSN OR A nursing degree?  ONE need to be a nurse first to become NP right? Is there such a program from pa to NP only?

The DNP I saw wasn't  wearing any name tag, or coat, he had scrubs only. And yes I know it may be illegal in some states, but I not in all and  I don't think you can can beat an introduction : I am Dr... vs. I am PA... if  we don't change our name  the NP are going to take all our jobs slowly but surely  and we will be basically agonizing until there is none for us, if there is no change  the profession will die in the next 10 yrs or less,. I feel sorry for the new PAs, especially the cost of their education it is not worth the effort in our current job market. How do you pay +100k debt without a constant job. I also see the word NP prefer in many jobs listing and this is all because the DNP and their independednt status.

This is already happening but I give it 5-7 years before full collapse.  Now that California and Florida have fallen, we are officially entering "dead man walking" status as a profession.  

But I still like to look at the bright side, AAPA will meet in a few weeks to discuss the possibility of us changing our name to "Associates".......lol.

12 hours ago, Rose66 said:

Anyone with a bachelors can do a direct entry program. They’re usually 3 years with your first year being RN, the the next two being NP.  

• Upvote 1