Anybody applying/applied to Tufts PA program?

I called to ask bc I believe I have a fairly competitve application compared to those already accepted and I was curious. A gentlemen answered who told me today was their last interview day. My application was complete on 10/4 or 10/5. ApplIcations spend a week in the main grad school before PA program even sees them. I know the website said anyone who submitted before the 15th would be considered and I even met with rep who was in my area at a grad fair who said mid-nov. But if you look at the previous timelines they notice for interviews early in the week and acceptances late in the week bc they interview on Wednesdays. The brutality of rolling admissions...early bird gets the worm not necessarily the most qualified! Suppose we could still hold out hope for that official rejection.:( I would be delighted if they even just looked at my application. Iam just posting what was told to me.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about it. I have over 11,000 hrs of HCE while working two clinical jobs. One at one of the nations top hospitals.Doing this all while going back to school part-time to retake/update all my bio/chem/a&ps bc they're too old. Iam 29 and his is my 6th yr applying. Both my science and cum are above a 3.2 with post bac a 3.6. Other HCE 1200, research 570, shadow 260. So I think sometimes it's just luck and things happen for a reason. If they do offer more interviews I'd be so blessed, until then good luck!

Hi to respond to the question written for me.. I contacted them about when I would hear back and they said they think by the end of the month. (Keyword "think"). And someone mentioned they interviewed on Wednesdays... they actually interviewed both Wednesdays and Saturdays and the number of people at each interview session was different (I had I believe 20 at mine and someone I met had 6 at hers). Someone on here noted that they gave notices for interviews early in the week.. I received my invite on a Friday. I think Tufts is going with the flow, for a lack of better phrase, and seeing what works best for the interviews along the way since they are new. The original deadline was actually in September and they decided to extend the deadline pretty close to it. So I guess think of it this way, that at least you guys got a chance to apply since they extended the deadline.

I also thought I was a very competitive candidate, as I'm sure everyone thinks so of themselves. You never really know what schools are looking for and since this is a new program what they are looking for now may change in the next couple of years. So I would say don't give up. At least that's what I keep trying to tell myself while I anxiously wait for my answer. :-)

Wow, I am very sad to hear that yesterday might have been their last interview day :( Deseablev, I fully agree with you. For those of us that applied and were not accepted should apply again. They are hoping to extend the class from 30 to 50 spots next year. Does anybody know when the start date for the second term will be? I am still crossing my fingers for all of us for January 2013!

Hi, applied on July 15th and have not heard anything yet, anyone else been waiting that long?

For those who have interviewed already, how were the interviews? What were your stats, if you don't mind sharing? Just trying to see if I stand a chance!

Good luck!

Thanks.

My application was received a few days prior to the deadline, and my GAMS status has just changed to rejected:(

Mine too nutella :( I found out yesterday. Will you be applying for the next term through CASPA? Has anyone been successful with getting any feedback on your application from Admissions? I guess I have a lot of work to do! Good luck everyone.

Hey Trm84. I was able to get some statistics from the program. It was somewhat frustrating because my stats are higher than their averages. They do look at the total application, so I'm guessing they weren't impressed with my experience, personal statement, and/or letters of recommendation. I will be applying again, and plan on getting better/more healthcare experience, and revamping my personal statement. I also plan to apply EARLY! These are the statistics for their class:

Mean GPA: 3.52

Sci GPA: 3.54

GRE (Q): 155.37

GRE (V): 156.47

Hey Trm84. I was able to get some statistics from the program. It was somewhat frustrating because my stats are higher than their averages. They do look at the total application, so I'm guessing they weren't impressed with my experience, personal statement, and/or letters of recommendation. I will be applying again, and plan on getting better/more healthcare experience, and revamping my personal statement. I also plan to apply EARLY! These are the statistics for their class:

Mean GPA: 3.52

Sci GPA: 3.54

GRE (Q): 155.37

GRE (V): 156.47

Great, thank you for the information!! I also plan to apply early. It could only help our chances!! That would be frustrating for you since you fit the profile! What HCE do you have? My cum GPA falls below the mean so that may be why I wasn't considered :( I have a lot of work to do!! A few of my science prereqs start expiring in 2013. Did you take the new GRE? If so, what was your opinion? My GRE is from 2010 and I am considering taking the new test..

No problem! I worked at an urgent care center. I was able to triage patients, but I spent a lot of time registering patients and answering phones. I have a CNA certification, but I am thinking of getting a phlebotomy certification. I also volunteer occasionally at a free clinic. I'm guessing I didn't have enough quality experience to demonstrate my passion for the profession. Unfortunately, they aren't supposed to give individual feedback about applications, so I am kind of left guessing. I'm not sure if it was the quality of my experience, my personal statement, or my letters of recommendation:( I guess I will just try to improve all those areas for next year.

I did take the new GRE. I didn't think it was too bad, but did think the verbal was significantly harder than the quantitative. I used a Kaplan prep book to study. My friend bought a huge box of common GRE vocabulary words, which she said was really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, hopefully this may help those of you who are wondering/waiting...the facebook group has 25 members and the program sent out an email on 11/2 with a list of 28 class members stating they were still confirming the last 2 spots. If you are wondering, it is probably best just to call the program directly! :)

Archived