Mercer 2020-2021 Cycle

1 hour ago, caitlynd36 said:

Congrats!! I got the call as well, cannot stop crying haha. Mercer is my first choice and I am just so happy!

I know the feeling! My call broke up as she was talking, so she had to repeat herself. I'm sure they think I'm crazy now, cause all I could think was "don't scream, don't scream." I have no idea what I actually said on the phone 😂

27 minutes ago, Savannahbarr2 said:

Hi everyone! So excited about receiving an interview invite for feb 1st! This is my first interview, and I was wondering if anyone had any advice? 

Congrats, that's awesome! Honestly, they were the most chill interview I've had for anything - jobs, other grad school, anything. It was a fun morning of conversations and everyone I encountered was very kind and laid back. You'll have a small group interview, one individual interview (with 2 faculty), a student panel to ask any questions you have, and an info session. They want to get to know you better, not trip you up with questions. I'd just be as relaxed as possible going in and you'll have a good time!

And the general advice I give for any sort of interview (I know, it's cliched): remember, you're interviewing them, too. Think about the kind of environment you want to be in and learn as much as you can about the culture. It's harder to get a feel for this in the age of Zoom interviews, but there are still plenty of clues to pick up on.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

• Like 1

For people who have already submitted their applications/interviewed, did you include the optional resume on the application? Not sure if it is needed as it would be repetitive from the experiences in CASPA, but since they give the option for it I’m conflicted on if I should include it. If you did include it, what did you highlight on it? Mostly just patient care experiences? 

On 1/16/2021 at 4:54 PM, healthydawg24342 said:

For people who have already submitted their applications/interviewed, did you include the optional resume on the application? Not sure if it is needed as it would be repetitive from the experiences in CASPA, but since they give the option for it I’m conflicted on if I should include it. If you did include it, what did you highlight on it? Mostly just patient care experiences? 

I did! I would say it's helpful to include, because A) They want to know your background, B) it gives you a chance to include information that doesn't necessarily fit into CASPA, and C) CASPA isn't terribly helpful in the way it lays out info, so you can set more of a narrative with your resume. I edited my resume, then copied and pasted a good bit of it into CASPA, and attached the more detailed actual resume to the secondary.

On 1/17/2021 at 11:07 PM, PowerlessVirus said:

I did! I would say it's helpful to include, because A) They want to know your background, B) it gives you a chance to include information that doesn't necessarily fit into CASPA, and C) CASPA isn't terribly helpful in the way it lays out info, so you can set more of a narrative with your resume. I edited my resume, then copied and pasted a good bit of it into CASPA, and attached the more detailed actual resume to the secondary.

Thank you! 

On 1/14/2021 at 7:25 PM, PowerlessVirus said:

Congrats, that's awesome! Honestly, they were the most chill interview I've had for anything - jobs, other grad school, anything. It was a fun morning of conversations and everyone I encountered was very kind and laid back. You'll have a small group interview, one individual interview (with 2 faculty), a student panel to ask any questions you have, and an info session. They want to get to know you better, not trip you up with questions. I'd just be as relaxed as possible going in and you'll have a good time!

And the general advice I give for any sort of interview (I know, it's cliched): remember, you're interviewing them, too. Think about the kind of environment you want to be in and learn as much as you can about the culture. It's harder to get a feel for this in the age of Zoom interviews, but there are still plenty of clues to pick up on.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful response! That honestly makes me feel so much better. I'm really looking forward to it now!

On 1/25/2021 at 10:38 PM, prepastudent369 said:

Hi! I wanted to ask if anyone could give insight on what the group interview is like? Is it with other students and is it mmi format or just traditional? Any help is appreciated thanks:) 

The group interview was 6 students and 2 professors. It was kind of different that I would expect with a group interview since it is virtual. They asked asked a question and then gave everyone a chance to answer in an order they determined, and repeat x2/3 times. It was well done but not as open as I would expect a group interview to he if it was done in person. 
Good luck!

1 hour ago, prepastudent369 said:

Does anyone know how many applicants Mercer gets each cycle, and how many of them are interviewed? 

There were about 20 of us in the interview. I know of 4people that got accepted after the last interview, but not an exact number or how many of those people interviewed on that day or the previous session.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, prepastudent369 said:

Does anyone know how many applicants Mercer gets each cycle, and how many of them are interviewed? 

I'm not sure how many applicants they get, but they're doing one interview per month from December to either May or June. Each date seems to have 18 to 20 interviewees, so in the ballpark of 120 to 140 interviews?