Mercer 2020-2021 Cycle

Just got invited yesterday to interview January 5th! They're very fast, considering I procrastinated on the secondary essay until last week. 😂

For those who interviewed on 12/7, what was it like, and how do you feel about the program now that you've talked to them? I think they're my favorite program, so I'm excited to learn more and get to interview!

I interviewed on 12/7 and got my acceptance call yesterday!! This was my top choice and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to attend Mercer next january 🙂 

The interview was very relaxed and the faculty were so welcoming and personable. There was a 2 on 1 interview and a group interview and both were pretty casual. I always get super super nervous for interviews but once we got started I felt pretty at ease for the entirety of it. They also gave a lot of information about the program like service opportunities and such which I really liked. Good luck to all interviewing in january!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, katefrench said:

I interviewed on 12/7 and got my acceptance call yesterday!! This was my top choice and I’m so excited to have the opportunity to attend Mercer next january 🙂 

The interview was very relaxed and the faculty were so welcoming and personable. There was a 2 on 1 interview and a group interview and both were pretty casual. I always get super super nervous for interviews but once we got started I felt pretty at ease for the entirety of it. They also gave a lot of information about the program like service opportunities and such which I really liked. Good luck to all interviewing in january!!

Congrats on your acceptance! 😊 Did the interview last all day? 

On 12/11/2020 at 8:59 PM, katefrench said:

Congrats!!! Has anyone else found out about an acceptance yet?

I also received an acceptance 🙂 a few days after the interview. The interview was extremely relaxed. My advice would be not to stress out about preparing. I typically really stress myself out prior to interviews. I've had 3 and this was my most relaxed one. Everyone was so personable and kind. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, kmc235 said:

I also received an acceptance 🙂 a few days after the interview. The interview was extremely relaxed. My advice would be not to stress out about preparing. I typically really stress myself out prior to interviews. I've had 3 and this was my most relaxed one. Everyone was so personable and kind. 

congrats!! 🙂

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, echia said:

I interviewed on 12/7. For those who were not accepted, did y'all receive any emails on whether you were rejected or put onto a waitlist? I haven't received anything. 

I haven’t received anything either. I’m assuming that we’ll be re evaluated the end of each month then?

1 hour ago, PowerlessVirus said:

Were any of y'all in today's interview? I enjoyed it, and was impressed by the program, but I'm curious to hear other's thoughts!

I was! I loved the interview process here and the small group feel throughout it. I was impressed with all of the service opportunities they offer!   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cdaniel said:

I was! I loved the interview process here and the small group feel throughout it. I was impressed with all of the service opportunities they offer!   

I was there too! I loved the program before but am not even more confident its right for me. The service opportunities seemed awesome!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gbenedetto said:

I was there too! I loved the program before but am not even more confident its right for me. The service opportunities seemed awesome!

Right? I was pretty confident I liked them before, but the interview convinced me I'm going if they make the offer. I thought it was a very friendly interview environment, with a good program culture and a strong focus on service. The group of interviewees seemed like a lot of fun as well! Here's to hoping we all make it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PowerlessVirus said:

Right? I was pretty confident I liked them before, but the interview convinced me I'm going if they make the offer. I thought it was a very friendly interview environment, with a good program culture and a strong focus on service. The group of interviewees seemed like a lot of fun as well! Here's to hoping we all make it

We can only hope right! I had a great time with everyone, and found two girls to talk to throughout the whole thing, and I’d love to be classmates with any of the people that were there!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gennawithag said:

I know the application closes in April but is it too late to apply this cycle? 

They have already done 2 rounds of interviews but work on a rolling admissions system, so I would say there is a chance. I did not find out about my interview until 2 weeks before so my guess is that they have not sent out invites for Feb yet. 

15 hours ago, gennawithag said:

I know the application closes in April but is it too late to apply this cycle? 

3 hours ago, Gbenedetto said:

They have already done 2 rounds of interviews but work on a rolling admissions system, so I would say there is a chance. I did not find out about my interview until 2 weeks before so my guess is that they have not sent out invites for Feb yet. 

I agree - definitely still worth applying. They seem to be very fast in reviewing applications and sending invitations. There are four or five interview dates left (they do one per month), and they said they won't offer all of the spots until after interviews are complete. Go for it!