Mercer 2020-2021 Cycle

37 minutes ago, PowerlessVirus said:

They sent me the secondary info an hour ago! I'm always curious about the ones that have a space for "any other information you'd like the admissions committee to know." What sorts of things do people actually write there? 

I was just gonna ask about this too, not sure what they're looking for here. Updated hours or explanation for a failed class maybe? Also how long of a narrative do we think they're looking for, same length as CASPA?

18 hours ago, Tnguyen342 said:

It might be from the exhaustion of applying for PA schools since April and working a 10+ hours shift...but is anyone else having a brain fart moment writing the narrative? 😧 

Given the generally apocalyptic nature of this whole year plus exhaustion from application season, I'd be surprised if any of us were feeling particularly fresh and inspired!

• Upvote 2

On 11/2/2020 at 3:26 PM, katefrench said:

I was just gonna ask about this too, not sure what they're looking for here. Updated hours or explanation for a failed class maybe? Also how long of a narrative do we think they're looking for, same length as CASPA?

That's a good question! I figured I'll start drafting something and see how long it ends up. As long as the final product isn't longer than my CASPA statement, I'll feel fine. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kforpa said:

Congrats! That's awesome. If you don't mind, when did you get the application complete email?

Thanks!! I got the email on 11/9

1 hour ago, Tnguyen342 said:

Congratulations! Would you be willing to share your stats? 

Thank you and sure!

PCE: ~1,950 hours as an EMT

GRE: verbal 161, quant 156, writing 5

GPA: 3.69

sGPA: 3.53

18 minutes ago, Tnguyen342 said:

Congratulations to you too! If you don’t mind, when did you get your application complete email? I got mine on the 10th so I’m hoping for some good news soon 😞

It was marked complete on the 5th! From what I heard, they just now began sending invitations so don’t worry!

Congrats to everyone who got an invite to interview on the 7th, can't wait to see you all!! Did anyone receive an email about what time the interview is? I'll be coming off an overnight shift at 8am so I'm wondering whether I need to ask about leaving work early that day. I haven't gotten any email after the one asking for a headshot, haha

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, katefrench said:

Congrats to everyone who got an invite to interview on the 7th, can't wait to see you all!! Did anyone receive an email about what time the interview is? I'll be coming off an overnight shift at 8am so I'm wondering whether I need to ask about leaving work early that day. I haven't gotten any email after the one asking for a headshot, haha

I have not received anything other than the email with interview invite. Did anyone get a confirmation email about getting their identification pictures received? 

So excited to meet you and everyone! I wonder how our interaction will be like since it is virtual and I think it's the first group too.

On 12/1/2020 at 10:56 PM, alyssalee said:

I have not received anything other than the email with interview invite. Did anyone get a confirmation email about getting their identification pictures received? 

So excited to meet you and everyone! I wonder how our interaction will be like since it is virtual and I think it's the first group too.

Any updates on interview information? I still haven’t gotten any e-mails about what the schedule will look like.