2012-2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone, I am a current 1st year student who posted earlier in this thread. I just want to say keep your head up as I actually had a stressful experience with MUSC as well and here I am! I actually interviewed during the first early session and didn't find out that I was accepted until March while some people found out November 30th! I had already been accepted to two other programs and put my deposit down at one and had everything ready to go there. I just wanted to hopefully provide some hope for some of you who may not have heard anything yet. Some of my classmates didn't find out they were accepted until 2 weeks before classes began, so hang in there! Hopefully I'll see some of you in January.

Hey DLandes,

Would you mind telling us a little bit more about your experience at MUSC and in the Charleston area? What is an average day like for you and overall are you happy with your choice to attend MUSC? I'd love to hear more about the program from a student's point of view. I also PMed you but figured others would probably appreciate the info too. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We were told that decisions would be made after the 2nd round of early decision interviews (tomorrow's group), possibly the 1st or 2nd week of December. If interviewed with the early decision group and not accepted, you would then be rolled into pool of standard admission (for lack of a better term) applicants, and those decisions would be made after that group of students had been interviewed and evaluated.

I am also not sure if we will get notified if we are rolled over to regular admissions. I interviewed last Friday and am under the impression that we will hear either at the end of this week or the next. @ MaryAsh -- the interview was relaxed and the faculty were very welcoming and laid back. I had a great experience and I wish everyone else the best of luck in future interviews.

Congrats to you both! I was rolled over to regular admission. Maybe February! I figured that may happen...I am a teacher and I have very little health care experience but a very strong academic record. Gotta go out and get me some hours in the health care field! Excellent for you both!

Csmith...if you think that's where you're lacking, keep racking up the hours and make sure to keep Arnie Metz informed about what you're doing. He is an excellent advocate and really enjoys helping get people into the program. I'd also bug him and ask what feedback you could get from the individuals that interviewed you.

Yeah. I only had a few hours of shadowing at this point. I was glad to have an early admission interview, but know that in spite of the the fact that experience isn't required it does make a difference. We will see in February what happens. After that, I will talk to Mr. Mertz. I actually interviewed with him and we discussed experience at length. Thanks guys and best of luck!

Archived