2012-2013 Application Cycle

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GRE is a test lf graduate "readiness" My guess is if you hold a masters or PhD, you've likely taken the GRE to get in and by earning he degree you've displayed he ability to successfully handle graduate work. I don't know anything about how the GRE factors into the overall score or what happens to your score if it is waived.

We just had a graduate shool fair at my school today and i talked the lady that came from musc health professions. She said the pa program just had their 10 yr accredidation visit this week and so they prolly will start looking at our applicaions next week. She said it may be a couple more weeks until we hear something!

We just had a graduate shool fair at my school today and i talked the lady that came from musc health professions. She said the pa program just had their 10 yr accredidation visit this week and so they prolly will start looking at our applicaions next week. She said it may be a couple more weeks until we hear something!

That's good to know, thanks for sharing that with us. As someone stated previously, the admissions were not "rolling," meaning they were not going to begin reviewing applications til after October 1st.

I believe my application was submitted Aug 10th and I have yet to hear. My anxiety got the better of me, I called to ask if early interview invited had gone out. I was told they had not but not other info was given. I hate to be a bother so I did not press for details. It seems strange to me they would not have looked at the applications yet when the website suggests early interviews are held in November. Very curious. I am waiting on pins and needles psychoticly checking my email. Hope you all are hanging in there!

Yea, I am not sure how that works either. I don't think they need to give a large heads up for interview dates though- like a week notice, so they are still held in November. But trust me, you are not the only one continuously checking your email! I am constantly nervous just waiting for the response and my GPA's are lower than I would have hoped so that doubles the anxiety. Good luck to you!

I spoke with a woman back in August when I submitted my application. I wanted to know about the early decision option and whether or not one was locked into the program and potential interview dates... From what I was told the early decision is to give people, just that, an early decision, but that all interviews would be held in January. It was a while ago and I could be mistaken but I'm almost positive that's what she told me. Also that early decision doesn't lock one into the program if accepted, which is confusing when comparing it to undergraduate study and early decision.

Strange, I know from reading this board that in years past they have offered early interviews close to Halloween. It appears as though they have been held in early November and again in mid November. I wonder if they are shaking things up a bit this year? It seems funny they would have people apply for early decisions while interviewing everyone in January. Who knows!? I'll just sit here obsessively checking my email while crossing my fingers ;)

Glad to hear everyone else is obsessively checking emails as well. Makes me a feel a little less crazy for doing so myself. :)

I got anxious and called last week to inquire on time frames for the interview invites. I was told they would go out around November 1. I can't remember if that was an overall expected date, or a no earlier than date. Regardless, definitely no need to worry if you have not heard anything yet. I was also told that their early admission interview dates were currently set for November 16th and 30th. Hope that helps.

Good luck to everyone!

Archived