• 4 weeks later...

OP,  many of us also deal with paying school through loans and sympathize with your situation. HOWEVER, a potential applicant has no guarantee that you know what you're doing when it comes to reviewing and giving feedback on personal statements.  You state that you want to help pre-PAs, but the way in which you want to do it may very well have the opposite effect. There are other ways you can help potential applicants.

If you're an undergrad student who is interested in PA school, please look into using your university writing center for feedback on personal statements.

• 1 month later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Similar Content

• By illinoispa
      Hi everyone,
      I'm currently a sophomore in my undergrad and I plan on applying for the 2022-2023 cycle, at the end of my junior year. I'm working on my application slowly throughout the year so I'm ready to submit early in the cycle (mid-May) and get a head start for programs with rolling admissions. 
      However, my university won't release my second semester junior year official transcript until mid-June. That means if I submit my application mid-May, I'd only be submitting my official grades up until my first semester of junior year of college. Should I wait for my official transcript to be ready and submit mid-June, or should I go ahead and submit mid-May and update CASPA once my second semester grades are ready?
      I'm so torn on what to do. I'm afraid if I only have 5 semesters worth of grades on my transcript, I will be seen as a weak applicant. On the other hand, I'm afraid if i don't submit early I'll potentially lose some interviews. I know once I submit my official transcript, the grades I update won't count towards my GPA, but I'm not worried about that because I'll most likely have around a 3.75 gpa regardless. 
      Any advice is appreciated!
    • By koconn
      Hey y'all so I am a sophomore in undergrad and in the process of just starting to get PCE, shadow, and volunteer hours and etc, but I am super stressed out because I am itching to start getting PCE hours except its so difficult while in school. I was thinking about becoming an EMT and working for 2 years after I graduate but I wasn't sure if being an EMT is considered PCE among most colleges, does anyone know? (I also tried to work as a caregiver over summer and that job isn't for me) 

Also, I'm trying to compile a list of PA schools to apply to, so if anyone has any recommendations for schools on the east coast please let me know! 🙂
    • By abaren
      Hi everyone! I’m looking to take on some more pre-PA students who need help with CASPA review, personal statement brainstorming/editing and interview prep.
      I’m 4.5 years out of PA school with experience in NYC and Baltimore and am a former interview committee member! 
      Please send an email to applyingtopaschools@gmail.com for more info and pricing!

• By vjaniceb
      Hi there, my name is Vanessa and I just graduated with my bachelor's in February. I am looking to pursue into a PA program but not quite sure where to start. I am currently studying for the GRE and have about 250 internship hours done at an ENT clinic with an audiologist. I'm not sure in what I am doing and need any guidance or suggestion in what to do. 
    • By echicchi
      Hello! I am planning on submitting my application in a few weeks for the 2021-2022 cycle. I already took the GRE, but am debating if I want to retake it. Can I only enter one set of scores into CASPA? Or can I enter my scores from my first time, as well as from the second time if I choose to retake it?  And if I can enter multiple, can they be submitted after I already submit my application? Thanks!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More