2012-2013 Application cycle

For those of you put on a wait list.....it is still possible to be accepted, I applied in may as soon as CASPA opened up again and received an invitation for an interview to Barry University in St. Petersburg, FL for Oct. 26. Got an email saying I was wait-listed on Oct. 29 and got my letter of acceptance on Jan. 3!!!! What a long well worth wait! Excited to get started in August!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I interview in January, and have been accepted into the program. The interview process is laid back compared to other places I interviewed at. You only have one interview that's lasts 15-20 min where two faculty members ask you questions. They just want to get to know you and see if you're a good fit for the program. There's no essay involved. Just be yourself and don't let nerves get the best of you! Hope this helps!

I just received an interview for Feb. 22nd, any advice/info from people who have already interviewed would be appreciated! Especially how your experience compared to any other places you've interviewed in Texas (I've interviewed at UTMB, Tech, and Baylor). THANK YOU!

Echo_83 could you please tell us what to expect during the interview?

This was the only school I applied to, and the only interview I had. But I have to say it was as laid back as one would possibly expect. Not only was the actual interview itself laid back, but the staff and student volunteers make every attempt to keep you at ease through the entire process.

It's basically a tour, and the interview, or you may be in a group that interviews first, then tours.

The interview is just two staff members asking you questions in one of their office rooms.

I honestly hardly remember what was asked or what I said, I just remember starting out nervous, but finishing strong. I made them both laugh a few times, and just acted like myself. Guess that worked. I think they're looking for that genuine character. Not people giving cookie cutter answers.

Just my two cents. Good luck.

I had a great time at the interview today and have survived the drive back to Houston. Now I'd like my brain to shut off for approximately 2.5 to 3 weeks while waiting to see if I'm one of the few chosen from this interview group. Shout out to my fellow Houstonians! We totally dominated the population of that room today.

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on November 16th and got the acceptance call on December 21st. I was interviewed by two of the faculty members in an office setting. My interview only consisted of 2 questions: "Why do you want to be a PA" and "Is there anything you'd like to explain to us about your application." The rest of the interview we each just told stories about where we were from and what we would be having for lunch. The interview lasted about 25 minutes (it went over time and I was their last interview of the day). It was a very laid back interview, I felt silly for being so nervous! I just recommend relaxing and being yourself! :)

Archived