Possible move to Washington state

Hi everyone, 

I might possibly be moving from NYC to Seattle, Washington area in the future for my Wife’s new job. I have been unsuccessfully trying to leave NYC for years now, so this would be a welcome move. I have 4 years experience in critical care medicine working mainly in MICU and CSICU. I would prefer to stay in critical care but am open to surgical or hospitalist positions. Are there hospitals in the Seattle area that employ PA’s in these specialties?

3 hours ago, PbagJones said:

Hi everyone, 

I might possibly be moving from NYC to Seattle, Washington area in the future for my Wife’s new job. I have been unsuccessfully trying to leave NYC for years now, so this would be a welcome move. I have 4 years experience in critical care medicine working mainly in MICU and CSICU. I would prefer to stay in critical care but am open to surgical or hospitalist positions. Are there hospitals in the Seattle area that employ PA’s in these specialties?

My group is hiring down in Tacoma. PM if you want more information.

In Seattle proper you're looking at Swedish, they hire for their CTICU and NeuroICU. UW is expanding their APP presence, have a strong CCU with advanced heart failure and transplant, mechanical circulatory support etc.

Harborview hires for a variety of positions, hear there's very little autonomy and your manager will likely be a nurse. Not an NP. A nurse.

Providence Everett hires for their trauma team if you've got trauma experience.