Greetings future PAs,

My name is Elizabeth and this is my second year applying to MEDEX with my first interview. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I'm unsure on how the Zoom interview will go and I want to reach out to anyone else that feels the same way. Id love to get to know a few of you prior to the Zoom interview to feel a bit more comfortable. I look forward to meeting you all on 11/14, and hopefully one day in the classroom.

Sincerely, 

Elizabeth Boudreau 

Hello future PAs

My name is Judy and this is my second year applying to MEDEX with my first interview. I am so excited and so nervous. I am a phlebotomist and I have also worked as an emergency room technician. I live in Los Angeles, CA I am excited to meet everyone ahead of time, hopefully we can coordinate a Zoom meeting with 11/14 interviewees to get to know each other and hopefully calm our nerves. 

Best,

Judy 

11 hours ago, jujuB said:

Hello future PAs

My name is Judy and this is my second year applying to MEDEX with my first interview. I am so excited and so nervous. I am a phlebotomist and I have also worked as an emergency room technician. I live in Los Angeles, CA I am excited to meet everyone ahead of time, hopefully we can coordinate a Zoom meeting with 11/14 interviewees to get to know each other and hopefully calm our nerves. 

Best,

Judy 

Hello Judy,

Thanks for reaching out, so far I think there are three of us for the 11/14/20 Tacoma interview. Id love to meet with everyone prior to the interview. I am in the Portland, OR area. I've been a certified tele-pharmacy technician, infusion technician, phlebotomist and a direct caregiver. How about next week some time to meet for a zoom interview, this way we can give more people time to find our group?
Do you know how many people interviewed during the last interviews?  

Hello All, 

My name is Deionne and I am a first year applicant with an interview on the 14th! I spent some time as an EMT for a private ambulance company and am now working at Allenmore Hospital in the emergency department as a emergency services technician. I was told by someone on the student panel that there should be something posted on the forum regarding some interview prep, so keep an eye out 🙂 If interested we should do something over zoom beforehand as well in order to prepare! 

37 minutes ago, Skusekd said:

Hello All, 

My name is Deionne and I am a first year applicant with an interview on the 14th! I spent some time as an EMT for a private ambulance company and am now working at Allenmore Hospital in the emergency department as a emergency services technician. I was told by someone on the student panel that there should be something posted on the forum regarding some interview prep, so keep an eye out 🙂 If interested we should do something over zoom beforehand as well in order to prepare! 

Welcome Skusekd,

Congratulations on your interview with us on the 14th! I am trying to arrange a time next week that works for everyone to meet for a Zoom interview. Do you have any specific days or times that work best?

Greetings everyone!

I'm Shaun and this is my 2nd time applying & 2nd time interviewing for UW MEDEX. I was in the US Navy working as a Corpsman which is the medical personnel for active duty, dependents, and civilians. I worked as an assistant for a PET/CT tech for 2 years and now a medical assistant for 1 year.

It's a pleasure to meet everyone and good luck!

18 hours ago, Eboudreau said:

Welcome Skusekd,

Congratulations on your interview with us on the 14th! I am trying to arrange a time next week that works for everyone to meet for a Zoom interview. Do you have any specific days or times that work best?

I am available later in the evening any day next week with the exception of monday(:

It seems as if everyone prefers afternoons; I created a Zoom meeting for Tuesday, Nov 3, 2020, 05:30 PM Pacific Time. I will privately message each of you the link. If anyone has an issue with this time, please let me know, and I will change it. I just picked a random day in the afternoon. Do you think there will be more than five of us interviewing that day? 

-Elizabeth Boudreau

Hello all,

I’m Stephanie I live in Seattle as well. I work as a surgical neurophysiologist across the puget sound. 

Thank you Elizabeth for starting this thread, I also will be interviewing on 11/14. You are not the only one who is nervous about the virtual interview! This is my first time interviewing with medex, but 3rd time applying (third times a charm right 😉). I would love to meet everyone ahead of time! Would you mind including me in the link for the zoom on the 3rd? 

Congrats to everyone for the invite, and best of luck!

22 hours ago, SFPrepa said:

Hello all,

I’m Stephanie I live in Seattle as well. I work as a surgical neurophysiologist across the puget sound. 

Thank you Elizabeth for starting this thread, I also will be interviewing on 11/14. You are not the only one who is nervous about the virtual interview! This is my first time interviewing with medex, but 3rd time applying (third times a charm right 😉). I would love to meet everyone ahead of time! Would you mind including me in the link for the zoom on the 3rd? 

Congrats to everyone for the invite, and best of luck!

We would all love it if you join, I will send you the link via a message. 

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 7:19 PM, marriedtomedicine said:

Hello everyone, 

My name is Liora and this is my 3rd time applying. I'm a medical assistant and I live in Las Vegas, NV. I'm so excited to meet all of you, it really helps with the nerves to know that I'm not alone. I would be so happy to join a zoom meeting before the interview. I am free Nov 3rd 🙂

Hello Liora,

We would love it if you joined us, I will send you the Zoom link!

Elizabeth Boudreau

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SFPrepa said:

Hi @Eboudreau I wasn’t sure if you sent a link? I’m not as familiar with PM on this platform. Let me know if you guys are still zooming tonight 🙂

Yes, we are still meeting tonight, i'll resend you the link to the Zoom meeting, it should show up as a red notification on the top right of your homepage. If you have any issues with Zoom please send me a private message. 

Hello Shaun, Liora, Stephanie

I wanted everyone to email Elizabeth your emails so we can start either a thread or a good chat or something along those lines to keep in contact, to give feedback, ask questions or simply give positive vibes to one another. Lets stay positive, stay calm and get accepted 😃

Best

Judy

Hi I just found this in one of the threads, hopefully its helpful

We had 3 interviews total. Each time with 2 other interviewees and 2 interviewers from faculty/staff. We also had a student panel and a group activity. Overall I sensed that the school genuinely wants to get to know you as a person. I would say be yourself, the best and authentic version of you! I think that a current student posted the format on the main thread for this year if you want to check out their advice/take on it as well! 

Judy