Working for the State Department

I am curious if anyone here has every worked as a PA for State? Several months ago when I was applying to everything I applied to be considered for a job with State. This morning, 5 months later, I got an email that I had been found qualified and would be contacted about further qualification testing.....followed by a note that all qualification testing was postponed until further notice due to COVID. (The government... sheesh)

I'm not anxious to make a jump or spend months in prequalification testing but it still intrigues me and I almost always let opportunities play out until the end. So I was just wondering if anyone had worked for State in an overseas posting?

3 hours ago, sas5814 said:

I am curious if anyone here has every worked as a PA for State? Several months ago when I was applying to everything I applied to be considered for a job with State. This morning, 5 months later, I got an email that I had been found qualified and would be contacted about further qualification testing.....followed by a note that all qualification testing was postponed until further notice due to COVID. (The government... sheesh)

I'm not anxious to make a jump or spend months in prequalification testing but it still intrigues me and I almost always let opportunities play out until the end. So I was just wondering if anyone had worked for State in an overseas posting?

There are a fair number of posts on this topic in the past with some current State department folks chiming in...or at least one!

8 hours ago, thinkertdm said:

I haven’t worked in a state position but I’ve seen enough mission impossible movies to get a sense of what a day looks like.   Lots of shooting, explosions, exotic locations, motorcycle riding... which is right up your alley, amirrite?'

Only if they provide the guns and motorcycles. I'm not using mine!