PCE hours for this program?

8 minutes ago, strawberry9090 said:

I have been talking to some people who were accepted to Anne Arundel and it seems they have a lot of patient care hours, like about 4000 avg. I was wondering if AACC will accept people with pce hours averaging 1000-1400? Anyone been accepted to AACC or know of anyone accepted with under 1400 hours?

Hey I applied to this program this cycle and think they require for applicants to have a minimum of 1400 paid patient care hours in order to apply/be considered. I'm not sure if this is reassuring, but I got an interview this cycle with barely over 1400 hours of PCE at the time of submission. 

3 minutes ago, atoy1 said:

Hey I applied to this program this cycle and think they require for applicants to have a minimum of 1400 paid patient care hours in order to apply/be considered. I'm not sure if this is reassuring, but I got an interview this cycle with barely over 1400 hours of PCE at the time of submission. 

Thank you so much for your response! It is reassuring to hear that you got an interview invite with 1400 hours. What are some things that you feel AACC really values from volunteering to gpa/coursework? Also, would you be comfortable sharing your stats?  If not I don't mind email or private message. Let me know what works for you. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 11:30 AM, strawberry9090 said:

I have been talking to some people who were accepted to Anne Arundel and it seems they have a lot of patient care hours, like about 4000 avg. I was wondering if AACC will accept people with pce hours averaging 1000-1400? Anyone been accepted to AACC or know of anyone accepted with under 1400 hours?

Hey! I only have 1,100 PCE hours, and I'll be interview tomorrow (Nov. 13th), so I don't think there's a hard cut-off. In my case, I think a good personal statement and GPA made up for my lower hours, so I think it's all about how well-rounded you are as an applicant.

53 minutes ago, ChrisClemPA said:

Hey! I only have 1,100 PCE hours, and I'll be interview tomorrow (Nov. 13th), so I don't think there's a hard cut-off. In my case, I think a good personal statement and GPA made up for my lower hours, so I think it's all about how well-rounded you are as an applicant.

I cannot thank you enough for your response! What do you think helped you stand out in your application?

14 hours ago, strawberry9090 said:

I cannot thank you enough for your response! What do you think helped you stand out in your application?

I really don't know! I had a 3.9 GPA as a genetics major, but I don't know how much they pay attention to GPA once you get past the initial screen. In general, I do think I'm a pretty good writer and wrote my PS and experience descriptions well. I feel like programs like applicants with lots of hours because it shows their commitment/healthcare knowledge, but if you can show you have those things in other ways, then you can have less hours. I hope that helps!

1 minute ago, ChrisClemPA said:

I really don't know! I had a 3.9 GPA as a genetics major, but I don't know how much they pay attention to GPA once you get past the initial screen. In general, I do think I'm a pretty good writer and wrote my PS and experience descriptions well. I feel like programs like applicants with lots of hours because it shows their commitment/healthcare knowledge, but if you can show you have those things in other ways, then you can have less hours. I hope that helps!

Wow your GPA is stellar! I'm sure your gre was amazing too. Can I ask for some more advice via email? Would that be alright?