Am I nuts? Considering starting another practice....

Long time posters know that for about 4-5 years I ran a private house call medicine practice, was great, but 60+ hour weeks and desire for a life combined with arrival of first child had me close it.

Now I am again at crossroads and thinking of an office based medicare only practice, combined with a bit or a subscription service (somehow, still working out details)

OTP, direct billing and no supervision are big parts of this but those appear to be in the works

is this nuts??? (I think I am loosing my mind)

2 hours ago, sas5814 said:

I don't think its nuts. Not only has COVID consumed our personal and professional lives it has made us subject to the control of untold numbers of "experts". It might be nice to be in an environment where you have some control of how things are done.

yeah,  thinking myself and one part timer can run a practice, 

course the issues about darn supervision and payment for such is another issue....  but just want to control my own destiny ... 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, ventana said:

course the issues about darn supervision and payment for such is another issue....  but just want to control my own destiny ... 

Been looking at what it would take to do a PA-only DPC practice here in Washington.  I'm putting that thought on pause until our OTP improvements go into effect next July.

1 hour ago, rev ronin said:

Been looking at what it would take to do a PA-only DPC practice here in Washington.  I'm putting that thought on pause until our OTP improvements go into effect next July.

A friend of mine does that. has several docs, PAs, and NPs on his staff. Look at Lacamas family medical group in Camas , WA. Scott would probably be happy to discuss it with you.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely, take the leap!! this is probably the most sane approach to practicing medicine. Open up a direct primary care practice and offer telemedicine and housecalls through a membership-based practice; you have autonomy, and a great relationship with your patients while practicing medicine the way we were trained! 
I opened a DPC practice just as Covid hit our nation and have survived and thrived through it all. 
www.medicinadpc.com 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Meddeb said:

Absolutely, take the leap!! this is probably the most sane approach to practicing medicine. Open up a direct primary care practice and offer telemedicine and housecalls through a membership-based practice; you have autonomy, and a great relationship with your patients while practicing medicine the way we were trained! 
I opened a DPC practice just as Covid hit our nation and have survived and thrived through it all. 
www.medicinadpc.com 

please tell me more

specifically population catchment

unsure my area has the population to support it, but I see the way some americans are so foolish with money and I think 'maybe'