Left a job, how do i update it?

I had two jobs at the time of applying to PA schools, one working in the ER and another as an MA. I recently left my job at the ER and was wondering if I need to update schools on this information, and if so, would I have to contact CASPA so that they could change my PCE section or would I contact each of the schools individually? 

Thank you!

It shouldn't be necessary to tell them you stopped a job; the application is really just a snapshot in time.

If you end up working somewhere else for HCE/PCE and have put in a few hundred hours, you could send a note to the schools you've applied to letting them know that. Same with new grades at the end of a term. Just don't be bombarding the schools.

• Upvote 1

Hey OP, similar situation to you. I've actually tried to email each program individually that I already applied to in order to notify them that I left one job and began another one. Those that have responded stated that it didn't really matter and that I'd only have a chance to update information if they move forward with me in the interview or supplemental application process. I entered my updated position and hours in to CASPA, but there appears to be no way to designate that a job has ended. Agree with @UGoLong on the "snapshot in time" concept. 

On 10/16/2020 at 9:27 AM, UGoLong said:

It shouldn't be necessary to tell them you stopped a job; the application is really just a snapshot in time.

If you end up working somewhere else for HCE/PCE and have put in a few hundred hours, you could send a note to the schools you've applied to letting them know that. Same with new grades at the end of a term. Just don't be bombarding the schools.

9 hours ago, alysd said:

Hey OP, similar situation to you. I've actually tried to email each program individually that I already applied to in order to notify them that I left one job and began another one. Those that have responded stated that it didn't really matter and that I'd only have a chance to update information if they move forward with me in the interview or supplemental application process. I entered my updated position and hours in to CASPA, but there appears to be no way to designate that a job has ended. Agree with @UGoLong on the "snapshot in time" concept. 

Thank you guys for the information!!