University of Detroit Mercy 2020-2021 Application

30 minutes ago, calipa93 said:

I just received my rejection email. Good luck to everyone else that is now placed on the waitlist 

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was in your shoes last year!! Don't give up. It sucks right now but use that feeling to push yourself towards next year! You got this and we'll see ya next year! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RMariner said:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I was in your shoes last year!! Don't give up. It sucks right now but use that feeling to push yourself towards next year! You got this and we'll see ya next year! 

Do you mind sharing what you did to make yourself a stronger applicant? And thank you, I really hope next year is my year 

36 minutes ago, calipa93 said:

Do you mind sharing what you did to make yourself a stronger applicant? And thank you, I really hope next year is my year 

So my situation I different from a lot of people's. I graduated in '08... so all my prerequisites were expired. I retook them all and got A's in all of them except Medical Ethics (😳, cause of one missed quiz...) anyway, I retook my GRE a second time, improved the essay score not really anything else. I had a ton of HCE (11,000+) and PCE (7000+) due to working as an exercise physiologist for the past 10 years... I got three LOR from three physicians. I had 30 hours of shadowing and 0 volunteer, although they asked me about the volunteering and I had recently started volunteering at the red cross in preparation for next year's cycle. So I was able to talk about that.

I did a mock interview that helped!! Honestly, I think she elevated my interview 100%. Lots and lots of insight in what programs in MI are looking for vs other schools you read and watch online. MI is different, in that their PA's have a lot more autonomy. 

Last year I was only able to apply to EMU (rejected,, obviously lol)

This year, I applied to UDM, Wayne State (rejection), EMU (rejection), & Concordia (rejection) 

I hope this helps!

Email me rach.russel01@gmail.com if you need anything else!! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...