University of Detroit Mercy 2020-2021 Application

On 3/11/2021 at 10:49 PM, N1narikka said:

Hello!! This is also my second year applying and I received an interview invite last week. 

cGPA: 3.45 / science GPA: 3.16 / 1300 HCE / 2000+ PCE (MA and CNA) / 307 GRE

I'm a fairly average applicant and I heard that they're interviewing throughout this whole month so don't lose hope!

How did you get so much HCE? What did you do for those hours? 🙂

20 hours ago, Richahan said:

How did you get so much HCE? What did you do for those hours? 🙂

I split all of my patient hours into PCE and HCE, so my jobs as an MA was half PCE for any direct patient contact, and the other half was HCE for administrative work. I also volunteered in health care settings (mainly just filing and scanning) and those count as HCE! Jobs such as patient transport or dietary in hospitals are great as well. CASPA has a breakdown of what kinds of jobs/responsibilities are considered HCE and PCE here: https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Filling_Out_Your_CASPA_Application/3._CASPA_Supporting_Information/2_Experiences 

11 hours ago, Hbrooke12 said:

Hi! Does anyone know when we should be hearing back!?

I hope it’s really soon! I’m starting to feel anxious. Someone mentioned earlier that the staff will meet in three weeks (from March 23) and last year they started making calls around the 13th of April. 

Guest BH0123
49 minutes ago, Leeena said:

Has anyone heard back since they have interviewed? I interviewed the 9th of March and I am waiting on their decision. I got accepted into eastern and they need me to respond by the 7th of April but I really want to attend detroit mercy. 

I interviewed on the 4th and still nothing yet! So hoping we hear back this week, but I also have a feeling it might be next week as last year’s class heard back around the 13th!

5 minutes ago, Hbrooke12 said:

I interviewed on the 4th and still nothing yet! So hoping we hear back this week, but I also have a feeling it might be next week as last year’s class heard back around the 13th!

I was told on Tax day, april 15th. Sidebar, does anyone know how many applicants they are accepting this cycle. 

Just now, RMariner said:

"You will be notified by e-mail of the Committee’s decision on or about April 15, 2021."

Has anyone heard anything yet? 

No, I haven’t heard anything. I’m just having a heart attack every time my phone rings, thinking it might be them..I’m definitely starting to get nervous 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1