University of Detroit Mercy 2020-2021 Application

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 3:49 PM, TuxPenguin said:

Hi everyone, I'm a current UDM student in the first year of the two year track. If anyone has any questions about the program or application process feel free to ask!

Hello & Thank you! Would you be able to share your stats and experiences leading up to your interview? How did you prepare for a successful interview and what kind of structure did UDM have at their interviews? I just had one interview during my second cycle and no acceptance so just planning how to prepare for next cycle and do better next time.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I applied and have only received a confirmation that the application was received. Couple of weeks go by and admissions emails me and tells me what I was missing. After I sent/submitted what I was missing they confirmed it with me. Now it's just the waiting game now. Good luck everyone!

Has anyone else had to send a description of one of their pre-requisites? I sent it to them like a month ago and they never emailed me back to confirm they got it.... or they haven’t emailed back when I have sent updated patient care hours.. have they gotten back to others about things like this? Or is there a number I can call to confirm they got it? 

11 hours ago, pastudentkatie44 said:

Has anyone else had to send a description of one of their pre-requisites? I sent it to them like a month ago and they never emailed me back to confirm they got it.... or they haven’t emailed back when I have sent updated patient care hours.. have they gotten back to others about things like this? Or is there a number I can call to confirm they got it? 

Yes this happened to me too on Jan 3rd. I emailed them all my pre-req syllabi and haven't heard anything back as of Jan 19th. Hoping they're not missing anything?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 12:57 PM, tlewis480 said:

Anyone heard anything recently from UDM?

I heard back on Saturday 2/13 at like 10pm (weird time I thought) with a rejection stating that I had not completed an accepted statistics and human physio courses. I emailed back and said I would like them to reconsider and I would like to send the syllabi, but have not gotten a response as of today 2/17.

I took both these courses at a Big Ten University and all the other schools I applied to accepted those pre-reqs. Feeling really discouraged for getting a rejection based on something I feel is not accurate 😞. Has this happened to anyone else?

6 minutes ago, juliam2208 said:

It happened to me last year with Human physiology.they did not accept my genetics. Go to their course equivalence page and see if the cores you took at other school is listed. 

Thanks, I didn't know they had that! I just check it and the courses I took are literally listed there so im very confused why they rejected me based on that? I will definitely be following up today and I am more confident now that I found that, so thank you.