Faulkner University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

On 2/8/2021 at 9:27 PM, Lex411 said:

I received an interview invite for 2/27 today! I am so excited and nervous. Does anyone that has already interviewed have tips or can tell me what to expect? What does the writing prompt entail? Also, how long did it take to hear back from them about their decision?

They very well could change it up interview to interview. However, my on campus interview was a panel style interview, a group ethics discussion, and a team based exercise. The writing prompt wasn’t intimidating. After doing this a few times, I’d focus on interview prep most. If you naturally excel in interviews, as cliche as it sounds, just be yourself. You are qualified, and you’re there for a reason. Being a PA is all about team based practice, so make sure you participate in the group stuff. In a nutshell... A seamless interview > a brilliantly written writing assignment, and everything else. 

• Thanks 2

On 2/10/2021 at 2:58 PM, Chynnacuellar said:

Yes, 1 person I know of has been accepted and the other was waitlisted. I emailed the faculty and received a formal rejection letter about 1 week later. 

So I read that they are shooting for a cohort of 50 students, but I think only around 20 have been accepted so far. I guess i’m just wondering why someone got waitlisted when they aren’t even close to that 50 student limit and the cycle is almost over? 

13 hours ago, Alexisw said:

So I read that they are shooting for a cohort of 50 students, but I think only around 20 have been accepted so far. I guess i’m just wondering why someone got waitlisted when they aren’t even close to that 50 student limit and the cycle is almost over? 

It does seem counterintuitive, but hopefully this bodes well for those on the waitlist. I took part in the very first round of interviews, and was waitlisted. 

13 hours ago, Alexisw said:

They may be selecting the top applicants from each round of interviews (small amount) then start filling the rest of the class up from the waitlist based off their rankings of the rest of the applicant pool. They probably want to see what each round of interviews offers before just filling it up all the way early. From what it sounds like, there will be many kids who will round out the class from the waitlist, and they may end up drawing even further since every school has applicants who get accepted but end up going to another school.

I was fortunate to get an acceptance after the December interview but all of my friends who got into PA school got in off the waitlist. Don't lose hope, a lot happens during this process. You were offered an interview for a reason. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Studentxx said:

Probably a lot lol, seems like they waitlist a lot of people!! One of the students told me that our interviews was the last round of interviews so Idk what happened but its okay. But stay positive and be proud it wasn’t a rejection 

Yeah a current student told me that as well that our interview was the last round. That’s why I’m confused about the email where it said “final interviews are tentatively scheduled for early June” 😳 I also wonder if the waitlist is ranked or random?

I really felt like this school was a perfect fit for me so I hope it works out. 

17 hours ago, Alexisw said:

Yeah a current student told me that as well that our interview was the last round. That’s why I’m confused about the email where it said “final interviews are tentatively scheduled for early June” 😳 I also wonder if the waitlist is ranked or random?

I really felt like this school was a perfect fit for me so I hope it works out. 

When they emailed me they said the final interviews are scheduled for early  March. Class starts in August, so June interviews doesn’t sound right. I may reach out and ask if the time line has changed

Edited by ctpendley4ua

8 hours ago, ctpendley4ua said:

When they emailed me they said the final interviews are scheduled for early  March. Class starts in August, so June interviews doesn’t sound right. I may reach out and ask if the time line has changed

I thought the same thing!! I just double checked and my email definitely says June! If you reach out please let me know what you find out

Edited by Alexisw

• 2 weeks later...