Asking For Feedback After Interview

I recently interviewed with a program and was not selected for acceptance from my interview group. I was not rejection, so I still have a chance to be admitted, but I want to reach out to my interviewers for feedback before they forget who I am! Does anybody have experience with this or know how I should approach it? I don't want to sound needy or portray how upset I am that I didn't get in, but I am also a multiple-time applicant and need to know what it is that is keeping me from getting in! Thanks in advance. Google mainly has provided me with information on how to request feedback for a job interview, and I feel like this is a little difference since I will be reapplying for the same spot if necessary!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JAmueller said:

Do you mean you were waitlisted?

Not yet! So basically the way I think it works is they keep a ranked list of candidates after they interview, and after every interview group that accept so many people from the top of the list. So I did not get an acceptance this time, but I still could be accepted after future interview groups or if people turn down their acceptances.

2 hours ago, TxFuturePA said:

Not yet! So basically the way I think it works is they keep a ranked list of candidates after they interview, and after every interview group that accept so many people from the top of the list. So I did not get an acceptance this time, but I still could be accepted after future interview groups or if people turn down their acceptances.

So it sounds like waitlisted to me lol....if you're not rejected then I'd wait till you get the rejection letter to ask for feedback. That's just my opinion though. 

1 hour ago, Kirby219 said:

So it sounds like waitlisted to me lol....if you're not rejected then I'd wait till you get the rejection letter to ask for feedback. That's just my opinion though. 

I went ahead and sent it because someone who is a student in that program said I should. So hopefully it works out okay! It's technically not waitlisted, because they said we would be informed if we were waitlisted officially! It's pretty much the same concept until then though haha.