I got in! Class of 2022!!

I received my acceptance call yesterday afternoon!! I have a question for any current students that may be one here. Yesterday I spoke to a student I met on interview day who told me that the their favorite professor stepped down and now it is much harder to learn and be successful due to the changes from the person who took over. Any other students have thoughts on this? Overall they did say that everyone who works for the program is very nice. Westfield has always been my top choice but I am still waiting to hear back from another program that I interviewed for and have to put down my deposit for Westfield soon, possibly before I hear back from the other one. I have read a lot of horror stories about programs on reddit and want to make and want to make sure I am going to a program where there is a lot of help from faculty and we are treated fairly.

Good luck to everyone accepted!! Do we have a class facebook page yet?   

Try to relax! Celebrate your accomplishment! You got into PA school!! If you have the time, take a vacation before you start/ spend time with family and friends. Unless you are independently wealthy, pick up extra shifts to try to save money before you start. If you haven’t taken medical terminology, you may want to grab a book and glance over it, maybe refresh A&P, but don’t go crazy! You have dress business casual (no yoga pants, tshirts, jeans etc,) old navy is your friend! If you have fancier taste ask for gift cards for Christmas/ Hanukkah.   Connect with your cohort mates (esp. if you need to figure out housing) Don’t buy subscriptions like smarty PANCE until you start (we have to pay for lecturio) too many resources makes for stress and confusion! You don’t have to buy any textbooks! Yay!! They are all online (there’s like 40 required texts! That would be crazy money!) I would recommend buying Bates pocket guide. Sorry that wasn’t one thing! Lol!

On 10/3/2020 at 9:02 AM, kadoifnosfin92 said:

I received my acceptance call yesterday afternoon!! I have a question for any current students that may be one here. Yesterday I spoke to a student I met on interview day who told me that the their favorite professor stepped down and now it is much harder to learn and be successful due to the changes from the person who took over. Any other students have thoughts on this? Overall they did say that everyone who works for the program is very nice. Westfield has always been my top choice but I am still waiting to hear back from another program that I interviewed for and have to put down my deposit for Westfield soon, possibly before I hear back from the other one. I have read a lot of horror stories about programs on reddit and want to make and want to make sure I am going to a program where there is a lot of help from faculty and we are treated fairly.

Good luck to everyone accepted!! Do we have a class facebook page yet?   

Current student. They had stepped down from their director role, they are still a professor at the program and still teach lectures. This professor is also still my advisor and I have had no issues reaching out and talking to her. The faculty is awesome, they truly want you to succeed and will do anything in their power to ensure you do. Im honestly happy coming to this school because I feel genuinely supported as a student. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2020 at 11:13 AM, kadoifnosfin92 said:

Thanks 1madmamma, really helpful! I'm glad to hear there is a lot of support from faculty and that they care! Do you mind if I ask another question? If you could give one piece advice to an incoming student, what would it be? I want get off to a great start!

RELAX! You got into PA School that's so hard to do! Focus on getting ready for school in regards to housing and such, but don't study or try to get ahead. You'll be studying for the next 2 years, enjoy this free time while you can. Like my other classmate mentioned above (1madmamma I miss you!) spend time with friends and family and even go on a nice vacation, as you won't be able to these next 2 years. I went to Japan for 2 weeks and am so happy I got to enjoy myself and relax before diving head first into this program. 

• Upvote 1