HUGE Personal Statement mistake

So I submitted my application few weeks ago and I was going over my application and I realized that I accidentally submitted the wrong draft for the personal statement which exceeded the character limit so it cuff off my personal statement. I know this is a huge mistake on my part and I am taking full responsibility but is there anything I can do about it or should I just forget about my chances this year and re-apply next year.   

• 1 month later...

Sorry to hear this--this is a long shot but if you're on a time crunch for whatever reason and are determined to get into PA school this cycle I'd say: draft a well worded email (not sounding whiny or desperate and I'd personally own up to the mistake) to some schools you're strongly considering and ask first if it would be worth sending the personal statement as a PDF, explain what happened in CASPA, and if they still would consider your application or you as an applicant. Keep in mind that your name may be attached to this scenario in their heads if you chose to do this (chances are they'll forget with the number of applicants though)! Worse case: they won't reply or say "no" altogether. If you believe your chances are really done with what you've submitted, perhaps don't waste your money this cycle. Overall, you never know if there are nice adcom out there since you already know CASPA revision won't be your side. 

Edited by copticmare