Equipment Disinfectant Wipe Recommendations ?

What is a good product to use for routine wiping down of my physical exam equipment and other medical equipment?

pros & cons? I've seen high alcohol content wipes, wipes with no alcohol content. with or without bleach. need help deciphering all this.

I am mostly thinking about disinfecting my physical exam tools like stethoscope, BP cuff, neurological test tools, tuning forks, etc. Hospitals I have worked at use wipes with the purple top by PDI called Sani-Cloth. Here's their site:

http://www.pdipdi.com/healthcare/surface_disinfect.aspx

But I suspect plain ole alcohol swabs would be good for what I'm looking for. Just thought I'd put it out there to get educated since it's a pretty important topic that I don't know much about.

Yep, 10% bleach is the OSHA standard. Alcohol is good but does not kill as many organisms, which is why there was a huge recall of wipes recently. You could probably use Caviwipes as long as you glove up when wiping, but check to make sure things wiped with it are okay to contact patients with after drying. I know it gets done all the time, but you should still check.

Archived