Best current technology for note-taking

Hello all! I was recently accepted to my dream PA school. I know that some schools have required technology for note-taking in class, but mine does not and I am seeking recommendations/what you use to take notes in class. I've always been a handwritten notes kind of girl, but with the volume of material taught in PA school I think that being able to type and write on my screen would be useful. Any suggestions are appreciated 🙂

My program provided us with the PowerPoint slides prior to class. So I would skim the slides before hand, then use the notes section at the bottom or added in pearls in a different color within the slide itself. 

Long story short, I tried notability, Evernote, and Microsoft OneNote but ended up really enjoying PowerPoint. It seemed like everyone in class was using something different, so try some things out!

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro.  I usually type out my notes during lecture using OneNote.  If the professor has provided PowerPoints ahead of time, I “print” them into OneNote and then type alongside the slides, as well as use my stylus to handwrite/circle/draw in anything as needed.  I do mostly typing though, because lectures move pretty quickly and it can be hard to keep up.  As was mentioned above, try some different things out and see what works best for you.  Congrats on acceptance, and good luck!

On 10/1/2020 at 10:05 PM, ANESMCR said:

iPad with notability.

+1000x this

Import your lecture notes and/or powerpoints into notability before hand, scribble away, highlight, cut and paste, etc..

Then get notability on your iphone and macbook too and you can study no matter where you're at.. 

Edited by FiremedicMike
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/13/2021 at 11:16 AM, whrain said:

I recommend the affordable Ciscle stylus, and I use the iPad 3, which works well with other iPads I use.So I wanted to try this beautiful stylus.It works just fine on the iPad 3.This pen is made of high quality aluminum and has a good finish.Super - fine elastic tip, more durable, accurate, comfortable feel.I recommend the affordable Ciscle stylus, and I use the iPad 3, which works well with other iPads I use.So I wanted to try this beautiful stylus.It works just fine on the iPad 3.This pen is made of high quality aluminum and has a good finish.Super - fine elastic tip, more durable, accurate, comfortable feel.